Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Due Date

Happy Due Date little man!  Still nothing?

Andy was talking about how funny it is that everyone is so impatient because Sawyer came early so everyone expected this guy to be the same.  He's right, nobody would even say anything at this point if Sawyer was normal lol.

I had a dr. appointment today.  It was with her nurse practitioner since she was on spring break with her kids.  My blood pressure was still a little high (140 over something or other) but I am so swollen she said I need to stay off my feet and keep them up, and try to work it out with my work that I don't stand much.  There's just not enough stuff to do at my computer and it is so boring back there alone!  They didn't even check my cervix at all so I don't know if there was any progress.  I guess I'd prefer not knowing to hearing there was no progress though.  I made an appointment for next Tuesday when my doctor would be back, and they made it sound like they'd induce me if I get that far.  I am so nervous about that- I don't want an epidural because I know a lot of people (don't like those odds) that have had issues from the epidural ranging from baby almost dying to lifelong migranes.  I don't think I could handle pitocin (which I've also read bad things about) without one so I'm hoping he comes on his own this next week.  

Apart from that, I am doing ok.  I'm just swollen and my joints hurt.  I can't make a fist.  I am more mad that he took this long to come because April first my insurance changed and the deductible is now an extra $500 and the out of pocket maximum went from $1,000 to $2,500...which means I'm paying a heck of a lot more for the same thing :(  I am also incredibly sick of everyone saying "you're still pregnant?" and I want to sock each and every one of them.  This ranges from family to the Fed Ex guy.  I still don't feel ready for another member of the family, but I just want this whole thing over with!

2 comments:

  1. I was scared to get induced too! My blood pressure was so high at 39 weeks I was, and the pitocin did nothing for me they gave me the highest amount they could and I still had no progress. Then they broke my water and I started to progress. Maybe the doc can just break ur water? if you get to that point

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dr. was explaining to me today that your uterus has to have birth signals sent to it or even pitocin won't do anything and baby comes when they are ready :/

    ReplyDelete