Saturday, April 13, 2013

Almost a week

I'm sure this won't have much flow, but its been a few days so I'd better update.

But first, here is a video of him attempting to look around a few times.  His head is freaking huge.  They had to bring the special hats out at the hospital because his head was so big.




Kellan was eating really well for the first few days with the hospital ready-made formulas (Enfamil newborn).  Every two hours and about two ounces.  We ran out of the bottles so we switched to the powder which was the regular Enfamil.  He started eating slow and even threw up a few times.  It was the second night home (Wed night) and he barely ate half his bottles that day.  It was pretty late but Andy went out and got some of the Enfamil newborn version of powder and ready made stuff.  I think it took awhile to get the old stuff out of the system because he cried a lot that night and Andy was frustrated by 3am.  I took him downstairs and had him sleep on my arm on the couch and he slept until 7am.  He seemed to be fine after that.

Sawyer has been such a big help getting us stuff we need, throwing away dirty diapers, and puts in his binky when he cries.  Kellan has been a good baby- during the day, he only cries when he's naked still or when he gets hungry.  He likes to pee at inconvenient times, but has only poo'ed out his diaper once (if that?) despite the explosiveness it sounds/feels like lol.  He looks EXACTLY like Sawyer and does all the same things he did that it really throws us off that we have Sawyer running around at the same time.  He still eats really slow and takes awhile to burp, but at least he will finish his bottles and is on a schedule (2 ounces, 2 hours).

The next night (Thursday night) he had another problem from like 1-3am.  If Andy held him he would stop crying, but he wouldn't stay laying down.  Andy laid with him in bed a little and by 3 again he went to sleep the rest of the night (eating every couple hours though).

Friday we finally left the house.  I went to work to show him off and let my co-workers hold him, and also added him to my insurance.  We went down to Five Guys too for his first time to a restaurant.  He did not eat a hamburger though, but slept the whole time.

Friday night his umbilical cord fell off.  Sawyer's lasted like 2 weeks but Kellan's was so long I think it rubbed a lot.  It is quite a relief because it was always getting in the way and bled a little bit sometimes from the diaper poking it.  Plus they're disgusting to look at haha.  The night that night went really well actually.  He just ate, and didn't have his crying thing.  Early in the morning I took him in to lay with me since he was wide awake and Sawyer soon came in to find us all sleeping and crawled into bed to fall asleep with us.  It was pretty squished, but it was so cute having our little family all in there.

I am doing ok, but still super sore :(  I hate that even using the bathroom is a 5 minute process.  I have had ice packs on my chest and wearing tight sports bras so hopefully the milk thing goes away soon.  I should have bought cabbage, since it did not last this long with Sawyer and I used cabbage in the bra for him.

Here are a bunch of random photos











No comments:

Post a Comment