Thursday, April 4, 2013

Disabled

Work has been ridiculous, especially this week.  I can barely hold a pen, and Natalie does everything for me anyways.  I was freaking people out showing them my (as Sawyer would say) "huge-mongous" feet and they were sore to even walk on.  I said I couldn't handle it anymore and called the doctor to even move my appointment up one day sooner from Tuesday to Monday (Dr. Knowles gets back Monday).  The appointment lady said there were no spots so I got annoyed and had her transfer me to my doctor's nurse since she might squeeze me in.

She transferred me and I said I wanted to move it because I am pointless at work because I am so swollen and I'm not even doing my own work.  I then asked if I just didn't go anymore if they would sign my short term disability sooner.  She said they usually require you to be seen first and she would run upstairs and call me right back.  She called me back and said I had an appointment with another doctor at 3:40 that day (the same doctor that did Sawyer's circ so I knew he was nice).  I'm not going to lie, I ate a personal sized bag of chips prior to going because I heard to avoid salt if you have high blood pressure and I wanted to make sure I hadn't dropped lol.

We got to the doctor and my blood pressure (the top number) was 150, which is high.  I also showed him my hands and feet and he agreed they were way too big.  I am not at a pre-eclampsia risk because my bottom blood pressure number is still low, and no protein in the urine.  He said he isn't putting me on bed rest or anything, but I really shouldn't be working on my feet all day. YAY!

I got back to work and called the disability line and started my claim.  She said I can get full pay for up to 8 weeks (though you only get approved for 6 weeks after baby is born so I get that much plus how long it takes until he arrives).  I am pretty happy because I mainly wanted to be off work, and I am so sick of the comments from everyone, and today it is official!

The doctor was explaining how it is to have baby come.  They pretty much don't come until they're ready.  There's a bunch of tricks that will cause contractions, which fool people into thinking it is causing labor, but it really isn't doing anything.  Your uterus has to wait for the signals to come.  He said there are people at 40 weeks that don't even respond to pitocin because baby just isn't ready.  He did say what my doctor said though, if he doesn't arrive by 41 weeks, my doctor will probably have us pick a date because there can be some risks to really late babies.

Watch, after all this effort, baby decides to come tonight :/ lol

I will leave you with a funny picture.  Think that's Sawyer? Nope, that's Andy!  They look IDENTICAL in this picture!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sawyer looks just like Andy! Wonder what the baby will look like? Hopefully he comes soon!!!

    ReplyDelete