Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mommy and me day

I can't believe how busy we always are.  I am glad I found a time to post this before I forgot, even if it is a bit late.  Anyway...

Tuesday Andy went to Skagit Valley area to learn and study for one of his tests he needs for his job, and he was staying up there for the night.  It was also inventory day for me so I was getting off at 1:00.  This meant it was Sawyer and mommy day with nothing to do since I didn't want to try to take Sawyer to practice with me (they cancelled it later anyways since too many people weren't going).  We don't have a lot of "nothing to do" time around the Monson house.

I was excited to spend all day with him because he has been so sweet lately.  He doesn't throw fits unless it is in a store we won't let him run in and that hasn't happened in awhile.  I picked him up from my mom's house and he was sleeping on the floor.  I pulled out some blankets and laid on the couch (awesome).  He woke up like 40 minutes later. I asked him if he was hungry and he said no, but I knew once he saw food he would be.

We got taco time and shared.  It was so cute, he ate most of my tots and we alternated bites.  Then we watched 2 Sesame Streets, and 3 Super Whys.  I decided I should probably tackle some of the chores we don't have time for.  I cleaned our bathroom and did laundry.  We had piles of clothes in the hallway because all we normally have time to do is throw it in at night and the dryer as we sleep.  We end up doing that over and over and the dry ones just end up in piles in the hallway (luckily our laundry room is upstairs where nobody goes at the back of the house).   I folded piles and did like 3 more loads. Sawyer messed up my piles while jumping on the bed...a lot.  I had to create some bumpers by our night stand so he didn't hit them because he likes to jump off our bed.  He also likes to dive head-first off the end into the pile of clothes that we don't have anywhere for yet.  (Yes our walk-in closet is huge but it only holds my clothes LOL)

I must add that the whole time he wore this hideous girls shirt my mom got just to keep him warm at like the Good Will or something but he would NOT let me take it off him whatsoever.

I have to add that every day when we ask Sawyer if it is time for bed, he will say "ni-ni, no" and crawl up next to me on the couch and lay there with me while we watch our shows.  He will lay there silently for 2 hours even.  If he starts to wiggle we can just say "are you ready for ni-night?" and he will be silent again.  Well I put him in his crib for bed and he gave me the saddest look ever so I decided to let him sleep with me that night.  He tried to wiggle once and I said "want to go in your bed?" and he stopped.  He wanted the middle of my pillow though so he almost pushed me off.  Plus I kept waking up to pull him back to a safer spot on the bed but I liked that he slept until our alarm went off the next morning at 8!

Here are our pics from our day. We missed Andy (he kept running to the door yelling "DADDY?" if he heard the wind outside, and when he woke up he looked so sad when I said daddy wasn't there as he tried to claw under the door for him, but we had fun on our own!








A break to watch bob-bob

Andy's pile o'clothes he jumps head first into


No comments:

Post a Comment