Monday, May 7, 2012

Eat Your Vegetables

We are such a healthy eating family.  This was my lunch today...which I must add was incredibly delicious I wanted to keep eating.

It is 2 kinds of gelato I found on sale (raspberry with dark chocolate flakes and caramel sea salt), Mt Dew, a fish and rice Lean Cuisine (hey, healthy!), and ritz bitz sandwiches.  You will be proud to see I just took a little off the top of each gelato and am keeping it in my work freezer for daily eats.

Oh, and we can't forget the fact that my not-even-two-year-old was drinking half of my Mt. Dew in the car on the way home.

Ok I must explain myself on that one.  Sawyer was hungry so I was giving him ritz but he inhaled a crumb or something and starting coughing with little tears so I gave him the only thing I had to drink to get it down...then he wouldn't give it back and you can't wrestle a toddler in rush hour traffic in a moving vehicle so he drank the rest.

See, the thing is, I don't really like vegetables much.  If I eat them, I am still starving.  A small burger will fill me up more than a plate of vegetables.  Plus they don't taste as good.  We are trying to get better though so we bought in on a CSA share with my parents.  If you don't know what that is, it is "community supported agriculture" where you pay a farm an amount of money and you go there weekly to pick up a box of produce.  They even have an exchange box so if you hate something they include that week you can exchange it for something "better".  It is even organic (they just aren't "certified" yet but practice all organic practices.)  I am hoping with all the fresh herbs and vegetables we will try some tasty recipes that have vegetables in them since we already paid for it and my mom is going to pick up the box so we don't have to go out of our way to buy them.  I am confident it will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment