Friday, May 11, 2012

Home is where the flu is

Ohhh man.  It is here in all of us.

Andy hasn't gotten any better since Saturday.  He even had to go to Portland this week for work so it was just me and Sawyer one night.

Sawyer is about the same but his cough is worse.  He is still pretty chipper considering.  He won't eat much though.

I just got it today.  I drank a couple airbornes today in an attempt to stop it, but by tonight my entire body hurts bad and my throat hurts.

We visited the doctor yesterday.  Andy tested positive for the flu, and Sawyer's swab was sent in for pertussis (whooping cough) since his cough sounded so bad and it is really going around in WA right now (declared an epidemic here.)  They prescribed Sawyer Tamiflu because it was early enough in his illness to be effective, but since he has thrown it up last night seconds later, kept it down this morning at the babysitter (though he actually ate for her this morning so I think that is why), and then just threw up tonight's dose.  The kicker is that it was $93 after insurance...which is frustrating cleaning it off the couch especially since we are going on our vacation in less than 2 weeks.  The doctor office itself was miserable too because Sawyer didn't like them checking his ears and threw a fit, and Andy said the nose swab was like the most uncomfortable thing he's felt.

I was worried Sawyer would have issues so I slept on his floor on an air mattress in case he had a problem.  I am really hoping it isn't whooping cough! We are going to humidify his room tonight to try and help his awful cough.

Bleh.

Here are some pictures I took before I fell ill.

Sawyer with Aflack

Trying to get him some Vitamin D

Andy wiping his nose and Sawyer being miserable

Sawyer mid sneeze

Distracting him with the front-facing camera while we wait

Here are a few I took of the Spring to end on a good note. I normally don't take nature pictures but wanted to get some sun.




2 comments:

  1. That totally super sucks that you guys are all sick :( I hope everyone gets better soon.

    p.s. the dandelion picture is pretty much my most favorite picture ever! It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my poor sick kiddos! It really tugged at my heart that you slept on an air mattress in Sawyer's room, especially since you aren't feeling well yourself. The one part of motherhood that is especially difficult and hard is the fretting, worrying and trauma of your child being sick. I think my fav pic is the one of Sawyer in mid-sneeze! So cute even when he is sick with sneezy!

    ReplyDelete