Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Foolin'

This weekend was the annual Fool's Fest in Spokane (referencing April Fool's day that I do not find amusing whatsoever so you won't find any good pranks in this post)

*warning, these are all phone pictures as usual*

We got off work on Friday at about 5:00, and Davey and Moraima came to watch Sawyer for us.  We were on the road about 6:00.  We got a little bit of some views before it got dark.  Luckily the pass wasn't bad at all, just pretty :)  It was raining a lot, and they were supposed to get quite a bit of new snow, so I was worried about driving over.


We arrived in Spokane around 11:00.  My Aunt Barb lives there, so they were nice enough to let us stay with them.  In addition to getting to visit with her, Uncle Tom, and my cousin Angelica, we got a bed to sleep in and breakfast for free instead of paying for a hotel!  We are so thankful!  We didn't have to be there until 10:45am, so we got to sleep and hang out a little bit which was nice.  It turned out that she pretty much lived on the same road as the fields and it only took like 5 minutes to get there.

We had games at noon, 2:00, and 4:00.  It was actually kind of "warm" for the first 2 games, but then it started to get cold and we all had to try to bundle up.  I got to play fullback, wing, and fly-half respectively.  It was pretty cool getting to play 3 different positions in one day...and we WON ALL 3 GAMES!  It is awesome being "the team to beat" after how bad our team was last year lol.  Barb and Angelica even came for the last game (which started pouring rain and cold) so that was cool.

Some people trying to stay warm under the canopy
I think I did ok in the games.  My awful shin bruise from 2 weeks ago got bumped, but wasn't as bad as it could have been...and to be honest I was expecting it to happen at least once.  I also kind of got pushed back onto my already a little tiny bit sore tailbone which made it worse.  I think it would have been fine if we didn't have a 5 hour drive directly afterwards! It hurts quite a bit right now!

We left after the last game so we could get home to Sawyer at a reasonable time.  We got the opposite view this time before it got dark.  There were some really pretty views with the cool clouds that were out.
One of my favorites


We got back to Beany about 11, and he was asleep.  We went to put him in bed and he woke up a bit and was not happy to have to go right to sleep when he finally got to see us.  Luckily that only lasted about 2 minutes so we got some sleep :)

Today we went to eat at my mom's house, and Bob and Irene were there.  Dad got his lights for their bar.  (Have I mentioned they turned the old dining room into a bar?)  I think they got jelly of Bob and Irene's hehe.  It even has a mini fridge!

Dad got Sawyer a pinwheel, and he really seemed to enjoy it...and hitting people with it.


They had stuff for sundaes too...like everything!


Irene's


Mine (sideways) It had vanilla ice cream, fudge, bananas, brownies, strawberries, and whipped cream my aunt just made

They were in cute little cups


We stopped at Target afterwards even though Sawyer was starting to get bratty, but he was fine as long as we let him sit in the cart like this:

He was strapped in and his feet were out the holes...just opposite!

We got home and I made a tie-dye cake, attempting to do Easter colors.  A friend of ours made a perfect rainbow cake last week and I wanted to see if I could test some more pastel-y colors but didn't want to put the time into a full-on layer cake.  They always say to use the gel coloring but we just had the primary colors in liquid so it was an experiment.  It does kind of look cool...
Before cooking.  I swirled it with a knife a bit too

On the plate.  Note to self: cut off all brown stuff.  And I don't much like the pink.
It is always so tough to go back to work, but my manager's last day was yesterday so I am extra un-excited to work this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment