Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sun and Thirty-one

This weekend was gorgeous weather! Wow!

Yesterday started at 9:30 to set up for my rugby game against the Seattle Mudhens.  They are a division 1 team that competes nationally and has a few girls that have played for national teams.  Needless to say, we lost...but we did pretty well.  It was really fun because they play clean (which is more than you can say for any of the other teams this year) and they gave us a good run.  They ran a bunch of plays and even their skinny people had power normally only the bigger girls can carry but had the agility as well.  We actually scored 3 or 4 times though which is pretty good.  I left the game feeling great (probably because their tackles weren't so scrappy LOL) and had a lot of fun.  We hung around the field for awhile afterwards and I was rewarded man of the match for the backs and even got some funny socks for it :)  I played pretty well I guess and people kept saying good job because I had a good boot once. Here is a picture someone took of me about to attempt a stiff arm on that girl:

Later that day we had people from Andy's work over to celebrate his birthday the next day.  I played catch with a football with my brother in the street for like an hour which was probably a bad idea.

Today we woke up for Andy's birthday sunburnt and sore from the day before (I could barely move) and headed to the spring fair with Erik and Destiny (her mom has stock in the fair so they get free tickets).  We got to the fair to eat.  I got the most delicious philly cheesesteak, and a cone from the dairy barn :)  We also looked at the animals and watched a lumberjack show...which is funny because they are called "Sawyers" (guys that saw), and just overall absorbed the sun.




He kept saying "Hi Cow!" "Mooo!"


The cutest baby goat








Afterwards Leslie and Krissy invited us to play in their co-ed softball game today because they might be short people.  I was a little worried because of my soreness, but (no hating because I played for 11 years) softball doesn't really take much of anything so we were fine.  You can be morbidly obese and succeed in baseball lol.  We both did OK too and even though the other team dominated us, me and Andy both got to score.  A few people said to both of us that we were really fast so that was nice :) They are going to call us more when they need players too.  We both just have to get used to hitting an arched ball.  I haven't played slow pitch since I was 10, and it is quite difficult to get back in the weird arch thing after hitting flat pitches for so long.
It was hard to have to keep stopping him from running on the field
Afterwards it was still warm out and we drove up to Jersey Mike's Subs for his birthday dinner.  SOOOOO good as always.


I am so glad Andy was able to enjoy his birthday weekend!  The sun came out just for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment