Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

We had such a good day today.  It was Easter!  Again, warning of a picture overload!

This is the last one we won't have to set up elaborate baskets since he is too young to know he is supposed to get anything.  He got a couple gifts in baskets from my parents and Destiny and Erik...mostly candy and stuff to use at their house.  He got a new "neno" though...from cars 2 so I don't know who he is, but Sawyer loves him and didn't put him down.


Next, we set up eggs in the backyard for Sawyer to find.  We thought we would have to explain how it works to him, but nope!  He grabbed the bucket and started collecting eggs in it like a champ!  It was probably one of the cutest things I've seen.
















Next came food.  Both my sets of grandparents were there, and Barb and Tom were in town.  They had said the kids wouldn't be there because they were at Sakura-con, but turns out they showed up...and brought 3 other people (their brother's kid, Angelica's bf, and my cousin Rena).  We were so crammed in there it was chaos.  We were lucky to have enough food though, my mom was stressing out big time, and when we were trying to figure out the seating, I noticed dad was missing.  He was in the other room just smiling and enjoying his wine alone in peace.  It was hilarious. I took a picture.


All of the food was amazing though.  Om-freaking-nom.  There was enough for everyone too, thank goodness.  Next we busted out the cake I made (as mentioned earlier in the week and will go into tomorrow)

After that, we busted out the bubble blower Sawyer got.









Then, Andy washed our pathfinder, Erik and Destiny washed theirs and dad's car, Sawyer found some friends behind the fence, and dad and I played frisbee...at the same time haha.



Sawyer played with my old little people school, then Andy's dad dropped by with something for Sawyer.



The weather was super nice (like 65 degrees at least) and we had a good time with everyone.  Definitely a good relief after yesterday night (I will write about that tomorrow haha).  Time for bed now, back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment