Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It IS terrible

Sawyer is entering the terrible twos... and I don't like it much.

Yesterday I picked him up from moms and headed to Sally's to see Christine and pick up some nail polish.  As soon as we got in, he started wiggling to the point that I almost dropped him on his head since I was holding things.  He started screaming to get down, but the store is full of breakables and packed shelves.  I got to talk to her for like 3 minutes before he was rolling on the floor.  He only had about a 45 minute nap, so I assumed he was sleepy.

We paid and got back in the car and I asked if he was hungry. "Yeth."  What do you want? "Buhguh. Frieth." (can you interpret his lisp?) We were right next to McD's and there was a line in the drive thru he yelled for a burger the whole way through.  Since we were still about 15 minutes from home, I gave him his burger in his seat (nothing unusual).  Well, I look back and see this:
 Hard to tell, but there is ketchup/mustard all over his front, mouth, and hands.  It is also on the arm rest of the carseat.  He had peeled off the bun, put the ketchup/mustard bun FACE DOWN on the carseat, and threw the other one on the ground.  He then ate the meat.  I gave him the buns back and he ate them still, but I had quite the mess to clean.

We went home and watched Cars twice as usual...the both of us fell asleep in front of the fire and woke up to Andy and Krissy walking in from work.  They had planned to hang out together (Andy, Krissy, and Kyndyl) but me and Leslie's practice got cancelled, and Joe's baseball game did due to weather, so the significant others got to join.  We went to the Harmon...which Tuesday nights is ladies night so they eat half off!  I ordered a steak I have been craving for about 5 months now lol.  Sawyer started to get so antsy at the end, he ended up trying to run around the restaurant!

We decided to go to Gibson's frozen yogurt afterwards, and Sawyer immediately took off up the stairs :(  We got our fro-yo (they have seriously every topping there, even a full apple pie you can scrape out of the pan and put on top) and I found Sawyer up in the loft playing with old toys.


That didn't last long and he had soon found a little wooden pallet with wheels and a string he thought he would try to skateboard.  He threw a huge fit as I kept pulling him off.  I ended up having him sit on it and tugging him around to get him to be quiet.  Then scooted over and tried to ride it down the stairs (we saved him first) and threw a fit when we didn't let him do that.  These old guys were giving him the dirtiest looks.  I don't know why they sat by the baby play table upstairs when there was plenty of downstairs seating though if they hate kids.  They would get mad when he walked around with his pallet and accidentally bumped a chair.  Whatever.  Anyways, he was being so difficult we had to leave early :(  It was delicious though...I had cake batter and chocolate, and put strawberries, mangoes, caramel, hot fudge, cookie dough, and heath on it.

I don't like his new found attitude, but for some reason he has become way more cuddlier and likes to lay on the couch with me forever, even if one of my shows is on.  Hopefully this attitude doesn't last much longer, but he hasn't even turned two yet :/

No comments:

Post a Comment