Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ski Bum

Yesterday I took the day off work.  It was SO nice outside.
I can't believe it is February!

Next, I dropped Sawyer off at Erik and Destiny's.  He had only slept like 10 minutes and I had to wake him up so of course he was crying as I was leaving.  They were watching Pixie too and I felt terrible leaving as 2 babies were crying.  Fortunately he calmed down and slept for 3 hours once I left.

From there, I went to Sally's to meet Federico for the tickets, and had a little talk with Christine since she was working, then I picked up dad.  From there we drove about a mile, realized I forgot my gloves, then had to turn back around.  We eventually made it to Auburn to get Andy and head up to the mountain!

We finally made it to Snoqualmie at about 5:00.  My friend works for Alaska Airlines and they rented out summit west for the night and we all got lift tickets for $10 each!


The weather wasn't too cold, and the sky was so clear that you could see stars!  It was so pretty!  We definitely had our $10 worth of fun, and I made it all night without crashing (even after hitting some choppy icy moguls) which was a success for me because I haven't been skiing in probably 6 years.

It has been so sunny I was worried it would be really icy, but it really wasn't too bad at all.  It was so much fun, I wish we could go to Crystal soon but it is $65 a ticket and always super packed.  At least we got our fix for the year :)

At the end of the night we warmed up in the tavern and had some tasty apps. Here is the fuzzy view outside lol

We got home late, but found our house spotless...Destiny had cleaned everything, even vacuumed and did laundry!  I am so thankful!

It was definitely a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment