Sunday, February 19, 2012

Birthday Dinners

Since I was busy all of my actual birthday, we did my birthday dinner later.

First I will post a picture that Janelle took- she did the boys' hair at daycare and I thought it was a cute picture.


After work on Friday we met my parents and Erik and Destiny at Karma, the local Indian restaurant for a family dinner.  We had been meaning to go forever, but had only had it once when a guy that worked there was friends with one of our roommates and brought tons of it home once.

We were not really familiar with the menu items.  I have not had Indian food apart from that time I mentioned above, and when we went to the Sikh church in Renton.  (Side note, even though we had no idea what was going on at that church since we don't speak Punjabi, the entire bottom floor is just people feeding you.  You sit on rugs and they bring you refills and everything and you don't even pay them apart from the offering. It was awesome.) All I knew was I loved it, but the waitress was very helpful at telling us what people normally ordered.  We ordered like 5 curries and some garlic naan (minus cilantro because I can't stand cilantro!).

They arrived and filled our entire table with bowls.  We all pretty much just covered our plates in rice and put blobs of the different sauces on, and we have no idea which one was which lol.  I think my favorites were the chicken tikki marsala and the chicken nirvana (we asked the girl later to try to identify.)  It was sooooo good, though my weak mouth was burning even though we only ordered it a "2" on a 1-5 spicy scale.  We gave Sawyer some naan and it was funny because he sneaked a dip of one of the sauces and made the funniest face and went "EWWW! EWWWW! EWWWW!"  I am so happy we went, and Andy has already asked twice when we can go back! haha!


We went to the mall after so I could exchange my TOMS since they were both too big (even though they were the size I already had 3 pairs of).  I ended up having to go a size down in one, and 2 sizes down in another! I changed one of the shirts Andy got me for a cute dress too.  We went home and ate ice cream cake.

Today we lounged around until we went to Olive Garden with Ashley and Autumn.  Sawyer looked so cute.  It was funny because he took Brea's hand (he calls her "Be-ba") and they took off running into the restaurant holding hands.  It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen!  I wish we could have got a photo but it happened so fast :(  Anyway the food was delicious and they got me balloons and a jamba juice card. Mmmm.



We ate Coldstone, went to Walmart, and Redboxed Breaking Dawn part 1.  It was gross because Bella is pretty much just sick and breaking bones the whole movie- eww.  It was a good time though :)  Even though I wanted to make a bigger deal of this birthday since I thought it was a big one, it was still a really good one!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got spoiled! So fun! You don't like cilantro?? It is one of my favorites, yum!

    ReplyDelete