Monday, February 20, 2012

A few more mannerisms

I don't think I've posted something that Sawyer's been doing since probably before he turned one, but it is so cute.  He sings along to songs in the car.  He sings "Lalalalalala" when Cobra Starship's "you make me feel" or Hot Chelle Ray's (sp?) "tonight" comes on.  He was one and would start singing that part before it came because he knew the songs.  He would also start saying "beebeebeebeebee" when Salena Gomez's I love you like a love song comes on because she says "repea-pea-pea-pea-pea-peat".  It is so funny because we will be driving around in the car talking, forgetting he is even sitting back there, and we will just hear "la la la la la", it is adorable!

Speaking of adorable, he has been extra cute lately.  He says "love you" a lot, if I am laying on the floor he comes up and lays down right next to me (or climbs on the couch to lay by me), and he gives everyone kisses and hugs without asking.  It is actually a bad thing sometimes because I can't say no to such a cute kid.  He also is getting attached to me which isn't exactly good either :/ He didn't ever like us to leave him, but it is getting to the point he won't even let other people hold him when he is in one of those moods.  Hopefully that goes away soon.

He is doing well growing though.  He will say anything you ask him to (not perfectly, but well), he understands us, and is able to communicate what he wants clearly now (what a freakin' relief!)  I honestly just wish kids started at this age, because I don't want to deal with a whiny kid again lol!  A downside though, he has started hitting when we make him mad.  It is usually when he is demanding Elmo or Cars while pointing at the TV and we say "no."  If we yell at him he points and scowls at us just like the monkey in the closet on Family Guy.  I guess it is better than more hits though.

I'm trying to think of anything else I should document, but nothing is coming to mind. Sometimes he just makes funny faces, which I will close this post with :)  I have no idea why he was doing that, but he was laughing, then made the face, then laughed, and kept doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry the attachment thing is just a stage. I hated it when Grayson went through that stage, cause it lasted a few month. The hitting stage i'm afraid will probably get worse when he turns two. It has with Grayson :/ For the most part we love this stage too, still can't wait for him to get more independent though!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete