Friday, February 17, 2012

Awesome birthday


It happened. I am a quarter of a century old.

I love my husband!

The day started with Andy surprising me at home when I was getting Sawyer out of his crib.  He came to make me breakfast and I got to leave a half hour later because I didn't have to take him to daycare.  He made me an egg sandwich and my first gift- red TOMS. :)  He also surprised me with the fact that the builder was coming today to fix some things we had issues with for our one month appointment (a little late.)

I got to work and Natalie brought me the most delicious brownies with peanut butter chips.  She brought peanut butter and chocolate cookies for my manager Jen who had a birthday yesterday.  Jen showed up with 2 cupcakes from Jubilee cupcakes: triple chocolate and "The Elvis" which is a banana one with chocolate frosting stuff inside and peanut butter frosting on top. They were delicious!


My mom called from outside (she was just at the gym which is next to my work in the parking lot) and offered to bring me a smoothie.  I had just eaten sweets and was halfway through a coke, so I declined, but it was so nice of her to ask.  Just then Andy called and said to go check the milage in the pathfinder for him.  He and Beany were outside with a pretty bouquet, a balloon, and Jimmy Johns, which just opened in Puyallup two days ago.
It's hard to see, but they are lime green, yellow, and bright purple flowers! So pretty!

I was stuffed all day!  I got home and Andy gave me 2 shirts as another gift (I didn't take a picture).  I haven't tried them on yet though so I can exchange them if they don't look good on me.  I got ready and soon it was time for the first rugby practice since October!  It wasn't too cold even though it was raining all day, but we ended up pretty wet and muddy from flopping around on the grass.  As it was time to go I realized I lost my mouth guard while running laps and it was too dark and late to go searching.  It was $20 (braces ones cost more) so I'm going to have to go back and comb the field :(  Also, the road was closed that I normally take and I ended up lost in Fife with a near dead phone.  Luckily it lasted long enough for me to call Andy and have him talk me though directions to the freeway.

I got home finally and took a bath with the new cupcake bubble bath fizzies Andy got me.  It was super soft!  He made my favorite dinner while I was in there: fried chicken dipped in fry sauce.  I LOVE his fried chicken!  We also had those delicious herb noodles.



We watched Parks and Rec and the Office (2 of our favorite shows) and he gave me one more gift: blue stripey TOMS.  Yep, I got 2 new pairs today!  I now have 5 pairs lol.  Luckily they go with everything from skirts to shorts to jeans, and I even have a pair to wear to work.



This was definitely a great day apart from the rugby situation.  Andy did so much for me.  I also appreciated all the wishes on facebook- it is interesting to see what people come out of hiding to say happy birthday, I had almost 70 :)  I think social networks are an awesome way to stay in touch with old friends!

Thanks everyone for everything!  Tomorrow we are going out to Indian food with the family :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that Andy and everyone made your day special for you! I'm sorry about the Fife issue, I know how frustrating that is...and I HATE driving in Fife, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their city layout. Wow, I was going to get you some Toms but now I'll need to come up with a different surprise gift(s). lol

    ReplyDelete