Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vacuum

We finally got a vacuum! Behold, the Shark Navigator Professional Lift Away!


We have not really been big vacuumers. .  I think my weariness started when I first moved into my apartment when I was 19 and I vacuumed up the fireplace ash...and the vacuum bag exploded leaving the apartment filled with a big black cloud. I would still do it every now and then, but I never had a good one and it didn't work well.  I could spot something on the floor and roll over it 4 times to finally pick it up with mine.  We didn't even vacuum the duplex when we left because nothing was getting sucked up.

 Destiny and her mom were raving about one they saw on an infomercial and when they bought it, it was just as good.  They came over with it when our Christmas tree was up, and it sucked up everything...every needle...and even a full ribbon that I left on the floor as if it was nothing!  Staring at the ribbon in the dust bin, I was sold.

I looked the thing up online and every review was raving.  People liked it better than their old ones, even dysons and kirbys.  The "professional" model even came with a big attachment with a microfiber cloth for bare floors that sucks big things while also dusting.  It doesn't lose suction and even swivels without a big ugly ball.  It sucks so hard (lol) it has a knob you can turn to make it less sucky.  One of the coolest features is that you can "lift away" the dust bin and hose to vacuum the stairs or areas high up without lugging the whole thing up the stairs.


It is lame that I am raving about a vacuum, but it was exciting.  I vacuumed the living room and this is what was sucked up!  We haven't even been here that long and we have vacuumed with one Davey let us have recently. Gross...but awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! Good vacuums are awesome, even if that first few runs is a little gross (our filter filled up!)

    ReplyDelete