Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year Celebration

Have you met my dad?  He is always into all sorts of contraptions.  Yesterday we went to my parents' house for New Years Eve.  He had made a RC car into a celebration machine.  He put glow sticks all over it, flashlights,  put a foam block to stick sparklers in, strapped on a flashy ball, and a straw to launch bottle rockets out of.  It worked perfectly and was pretty sweet.




We also played Dance Central 2 on Kinect, which is the best dancing game compared to the other 2 I've played since it has good songs, good moves, and actually judges your whole body movements.  I dominated everyone lol.


Midnight hit and we toasted and watched the Space Needle...and took the same picture as last year.  Then we went outside to do some more fireworks.



I was determined to get a sparkler picture.  After some complaining, and a few saying it wouldn't work, I got a few shots.


1.  You're backwards Erik

2. Almost...


3. Nailed it...with some fancy pieces jumping off also.  My dad was super impressed it actually worked lol



For New Year's day we had Andy's dad and Davey and Moraima over for lunch.  Andy made an AWESOME lunch of ribs, dill cheese potatoes, rolls, and bacon pepper corn. Davey brought his soda stream machine, and Moraima made flan as usual.  YUM!







It was a great weekend.  Andy has tomorrow off, and I wish I did too...but I DO love holiday pay ;)  We put all our Christmas decor away and are trying to figure out how to arrange stuff and decorate the house.  It isn't easy, but hopefully things will come together soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment