Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lists

I was never really a list person.  When I worked at Pierce I was in charge of the Activities Board (the group that plans the events for the college) and my boss was always asking me to make lists of what was left to do for each event.  I just hated it because I wasn't a list person.  Looking back, I'm not sure why I hated it so much...but it would drive me nuts!

I'm not sure what changed since then, but I am all about lists now.  I like to see what I need to do, and be able to see the progress I'm making.  Plus, I don't forget things that way.

Every day I waste a post-it at work.

Sometimes I don't want to think about all the stuff that is left to do though...like our house.  We alre always busy and can't make a lot of progress  For instance, the rest of this week we have:
-Work daily
-Touch Rugby tonight
-Andy's mom comes in tomorrow night after work/ shows
-Leavenworth Friday
-Vancouver Saturday to see aunt/cousin in "Into the Woods" (my favorite play)
-Andy's mom leaves Sunday
-Krissy & Leslie come for dinner Sunday night
-Monday: probably have to buy something/ I have shows on ;)
-Tuesday: rugby meeting
-Wednesday: touch rugby

That is a week ahead and I have about 2 nights to do things.  And we have a lot of things to do
-Fill bookshelf/figure out what else goes on there
-Fill blank walls
-Decorate Sawyer's room (we still have the old stuff ready to go)
-Decorate our room (which will probably involve some spray painting and buying more stuff)
-Organize the baby room (spare room with all baby stuff)
-Organize/figure out Office (spare room with my craft stuff and paperwork)
- Get all the stuff out of the garage and find a place for it (there's still a lot)
-Andy's clothes are still a giant pile in our room that need to find dressers or hangers
-Find spots for the bins of things in our room
-There are about 4 people I have been meaning to make play dates with
-Various other house chores as usual (laundry, dishes, sweeping, baths)

If you can't tell, the house has kind of been put on hold.  The blinds are going to be installed sometime too since they just measured for them.  For some reason it is nice to see everything that needs to be done written out.  Hopefully this list gets crossed off sooner rather than later :/

No comments:

Post a Comment