Saturday, January 7, 2012

Osteen and Dick's

Yesterday Erik texted me and said they had 2 tickets to Joel Osteen if we wanted to go that night, and that my mom had said she would watch Sawyer already.  Hmmm.

I didn't know how I felt about that.  I had seen him a few times on TV for pure entertainment value, and wasn't sure I could take it seriously.  I wasn't sure how I felt about "supporting" one of those big money-maker churches. I decided it was something to do so we would go since it was free and all, and he is a celebrity. It wasn't like I actually paid any money towards it.

We headed up to Seattle after work since it was at the Key Arena.  I hadn't been in there since the Sonics played, haha!  It was still a little bit decorated for the holiday around the Space Needle, so it was pretty.

Not sure why the Needle looks so far away, it was one street over

We got there right as it was time to start.  It turned out to be pretty good.  It was actually just a normal Christian church service (singing, message, etc.) but in a big building.  He had good stories and a positive message.  They didn't pressure anyone for more money, but the guy at the beginning did promote Joel and Victoria's books.  Seemed pretty legitimate.  Andy liked him because he didn't yell.  He hates when pastors start shouting.  I tell him at least enthusiastic shouting is better than random people that don't have public speaking skills. This guy had skills and didn't shout. Nice.

Again, this looks far away...must be my phone camera

Afterwards we went to Dick's.  We always go to Dick's when time permits and we are in Seattle.  It was packed when we got there and it was already 10:30.  It was good as usual.


We got home after midnight and Sawyer was sleeping on my mom.  I guess he had a good night with Grandpa (my mom worked until 8:30) except he fell out of a chair and his lip was bleeding.  He's such a little boy...and clumsy like me, haha!  Long night, but it was fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment