Monday, August 26, 2013

Sounders v. Timbers

Eep!  It's like my Christmas whenever Portland's in town.  They actually had two games in Seattle this year (they switch years) but when there are two games at home you can only display tifo at one (tifo is the big productions with signs and stuff).  They opted to do this game which was lucky because I was way too pregnant to go to the last one because I couldn't stand for long periods of time(it was when I was like 39 weeks lol.)

Anyway, we got there and went to the march to the match because we knew it would be a good one.  Usually Drew Carrey and the other owners go to the big game ones.  We arrived and couldn't get to the main production though because pioneer square was so packed.  We just stood up front so we could be at the front of the march and get to our seats sooner.  It was such an exciting game and WE WON!  Better than Christmas!

Here's the start.  That is a road in front which is why there aren't people there.

As a lover of memes, I loved this Zoidberg 2-pole, "your team is bad and you should feel bad"

This was my attempt at lifting the camera to get a shot going backwards.  Standing room only.

Going to the match!  Smoke bombs ahead

Scarves up

Here is the AMAZING tifo display.  According to ECS, the guys from left to right are Eddie Johnson, Michael Gspurning, Osvaldo Alonzo, and Brad Evans.  I thought the first was Neagle and couldn't even tell Evans lol.  The second guy could totally pass for Leo Gonzales too haha.

Here is a picture of it courtesy of someone else I found on google at thebiglead.com (I'm not sure what that site is, just giving credit for where I found the photo)

Record-breaking attendance, over 67,000 people!

Sold out stadium

We won and here they are doing the hand wave thing (you have to wait around after the game to see it)

No comments:

Post a Comment