Friday, August 16, 2013

Anniversary 2013

Yesterday, the 15th, marked our anniversary.  We've been married 4 years already, been together 5, and been best friends for 6 :)

I surprised Andy by hiding his gift (a Sounders windbreaker) in his briefcase.  He was surprised because he thought I forgot since I hadn't mentioned it ;)

He surprised me by not going to work in the morning and walking in (or should I say barging in) the bathroom following Sawyer with 4 roses.  He got the boys ready for me and made me a breakfast sandwich.  When I got home I found a pack of Sounder green earrings, a neon yellow under armor shirt, and a seahawks t-shirt I just love.

After work we had to bring Irene and Bob propane tanks so we decided to try Hopjacks in Bonney Lake.  I had a western burger (I always love those little onion crisps) with house made potato chips and Andy had a burger.  They have fancy lemondrops there that they put in an ice glass- it is really cool.  We ordered strawberry and it was delicious.  The glass looked cool as it melted too.  It was so good I couldn't wait to go back, but that definitely wasn't happening.  Why? Sawyer pulled the fire alarm causing the whole strip mall (Menchies, Little Caesars, a tanning salon, and our restaurant) to evacuate.  Well, our restaurant stayed put because they saw it happen.

We paid and Andy took Sawyer out of his high chair (he wanted to sit in one).  Sawyer took off to the front door while Andy was grabbing Kellan and I was putting on the diaper bag.  Our table was by the door and I knew he couldn't open the door (they were heavy) so we weren't rushing.  As I was slipping on the bag strap I noticed Sawyer's attention was on the fire alarm (which was eye level for a 3-year-old) and he reached up.  I yelled, "SAWYER NO!"  It startled him and he turned around, but it was too late.  This wasn't a typical "pull the handle" one, you just had to push down on it.  A few seconds later lights were flashing in the whole strip mall and the siren was going off.  Andy told the manager what happened, the family next to us goes "why is that low enough for a 3 year old?", and the manager said we could leave.  I'm sure the fire department was on the way, but we ran to the car.  Sawyer kept saying "I'm so sorry mommy" over and over and I told him he was in big trouble which resulted in "the lip" all the way home.  He felt so guilty, but that's how you learn.

For the record, I checked the fire alarm in my store today and it was at a height that Sawyer would have to jump to even touch the bottom!  Why is there one at eye level of a toddler???

I guess it's one we'll never forget.

Kellan played with his toy monkey with his tongue out the whole time

The inside glass is made of ice :)



1 comment: