Sunday, August 11, 2013

Color me rad

Yesterday we left bright and early for Marymoore park for the Color Me Rad.  Andy had a half there before and I knew how traffic could get so I had signed us up for the first wave to avoid it.  Due to some construction and me taking long to get ready, we arrived at the starting line right before they were starting.  Luckily we had picked up our packets the day before so we didn't have to do anything else but line up.

Here we were before:



The race went in waves so we didn't actually start until like 8:15ish.  Oh well.  It wasn't a race.  There were no clocks, and the guy said there would be bad things if you asked how long you took lol.  The whole car ride up my stomach was hurting so I knew we'd probably walk a lot of it.  The race started and we jogged awhile before the first color hit us- some people squirting green liquid out of a hose.  We jogged along some more and got some purple chalk thrown at us (corn starch actually).  It was so hard to breathe and it was getting stuck in my teeth but awesome nonetheless. My stomach started cramping pretty bad so we walked most of the rest of it, picking back up in jogs every now and then.  There were people pulling kids in wagons so it wasn't a big deal.  We went through some more colors until the end where we received our color packet and met in the middle.  The DJ came out a few minutes later and had everyone gather into a big crowd.  He counted down from 5 and on 1 he shot green out of a fire extinguisher while everyone threw their color packets up and/or at people.  It was a MASSIVE cloud of color!  It was impossible to breathe for a few seconds but it was quick.  We looked so funny by the end.



The chalk in Andy's hair makes him look like those 90's bleach-only-the-top hair styles because of his headband


I didn't take any pics closer because with my photography hobby I'm subscribed to posts and have read over and over how the chalk gets stuck in cameras and ruins them with no hope of recovery.  We ended up running into some Pogues after too (Jordan Ashlee and Megan) so that was cool.  10/10 fun, would do again (and taking Sawyer next time)

Here's a distant phone pic I took on the way out, I thought the clouds of chalk were funny

No comments:

Post a Comment