Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pre-Easter festivities

My work complex was having egg hunts today, so we decided to stop by.  I'm not sure who spread the word but there were hundreds of people there!  They had the road covered in straw and blocked them off by age group.  It was pretty crowded, but we found a spot in the 0-3 year old place and waited.  We ran into the Webbs as well.


They said go, and instead of letting their kids pick up the eggs, dozens of parents took off with arm fulls.  Andy was merging in, but as PARENTS of 6 month olds came out with full buckets, Andy and Sawyer emerged with no eggs.  Easton hadn't got any either. Sawyer was SO sad, he had the big fat lip out and it broke my heart.  I asked a family with 2 full buckets for an egg (they looked like I had asked them for a hundred bucks) just to make him not cry.  This was the scene when they said "go".

I took him over to the 6 and under group since there was a front spot which guaranteed eggs, and I assumed without the huge parents attacking, it would be easier for him.  We waited for about a half hour, and Sawyer knew exactly what he had to do.  He kept trying to run out there before it was time to go.

They finally said "go" and it was another stampede.  I was furious to see some parents coming in this one too; your 4-year-old does not need parental assistance when my 2-year-old can pick up eggs just fine.  The stampede confused him and he kind of panicked and looked around.  Luckily, everyone tended to run straight to the middle, so I kind of sat down in front and pointed to a few for him to grab that were around the edge.  He actually got 3 eggs this time and we kept congratulating him.  One little brat even took one from under my body that I was pointing to Sawyer to get.  I guess I know where we aren't going next year!  The selfishness of the parents just blew my mind.  Your 6-month-old does not need candy eggs, they're too little to even pick up an egg, yet their basket is completely full!

We headed over to let him pet the bunnies and take a picture with the Menchies guy before we left.


Tonight Sawyer dyed eggs with grandma and papa Sam.  I think he had fun picking what colors to go when, and pulling them out of the cups.





1 comment:

  1. Honestly that was CRAPPY planning with the 0-6 month group. I was so mad PARENTS were throwing bows at little kids just to get more eggs!! LOL oh well, it was a nice day and fun! Nice to see you guys! BEST of luck with baby monson coming soon and FAST!!! :) AND a quick recovery for mommy!

    ReplyDelete