Friday, March 29, 2013

Swell

This is not the "Leave it to Beaver" kind of "swell," this is the "my body doubled in size" kind of swell.

I have been swollen for awhile, but yesterday took the cake.  I had an appointment that evening and found out why.  My blood pressure is high.  I asked the nurse if it meant we were going to the hospital and she said she didn't know.  She had me lay down.  When the doctor came in, she took it again and said it went down a little (well yes, I stand up all day so I can see why laying down would change it).  I was half hoping they'd send me to the hospital though because it is so painful now just walking around- my joints have joined my puffy body to make a super painful body.  I guess I am glad she isn't induction-happy though because I was 39+2 at that point and would have had a fine baby, plus it would have ensured it was her to deliver and she still didn't even put it out there. When I asked on my way out, they said it isn't a big concern to them because there was no protein in the urine sample which is what points to pre-eclampsia.

She checked me and I really didn't progress much.  It was 50% effaced last time and now it is 70%, and she said he is still pretty high up in my pelvis.  She is leaving on spring break with her kids so she won't even be here the next week but it doesn't really bother me.  She is a nice lady, but I don't care who catches him as long as that person knows what they're doing, and they'd just send the doctor on call.  She said something about induction if he is not out by the time she gets back (which would put  me at 41 weeks) but I don't know how I feel about that.  I think I'd rather have a 12 lb baby, but maybe I'll feel differently in a week and a half.

Maybe he'll follow the rest of us and be born on Easter since we were all born on holidays.  Maybe he'll be born April first (which is what I think my due date was supposed to be for real since I mentioned she put me one day later than he really was) and he'll fool us and be born a girl (not sure I'd find that funny).  Or, maybe he'll come late and be tubby and not get to wear all his cute newborn outfits we bought him :(  Either way, I hope I am not this swollen for too much longer!

Here are my enormous cankles/feet I received yesterday.  They still haven't gone down at all.  My socks make the awesome sausage effect too!  They look like they belong to the Michelin Man.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, poor thing, looks so painful! I hope the swelling goes down soon for you. Good luck with labor, we are so excited to have another nephew!! <3

    ReplyDelete