Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finally, we're getting a house

We finally get to sign for our house tomorrow!

Whew! ...kinda.

It seems like there always has to be something when it comes to the house.  We were recently informed that the "rapid recheck" of our credit worked, but only enough to qualify for the loan.  It will take "time" for the credit to go back to where it was, even though they removed the errors because apparently it only can go up so quick and doesn't just bounce back when things get taken off it.  I guess we were lucky enough that it was able to go enough to qualify still.  I don't know if using the word "lucky" really fits in that sense though, because it was Bank of America's error.

What does that mean to us?  Our interest rate went from 3.8 to 4.1 since our credit was "worse"!  That is an extra $60 a month that is just getting flushed because of their error.  I am so angry.  I did the math and over the 30 year loan, that is an extra $20,000 we are paying because of their stupid error.  Andy's best friend is a lawyer so he's going to look into that a little bit more for us at least.

I never know whether to be celebrating or angry at any point during this process. I think we aren't ever moving again...at least for a VERY long time.

One thing that I am looking forward to: finally being able to change the house up. We didn't want to put any holes in the wall of a house that wasn't actually ours!

I am really happy we are getting the house though. I didn't want Sawyer stuck in a duplex.  He deserves a place to run around.  Hopefully he can go make neighborhood friends outside when the weather warms up.  For now he is enjoying the extra space, running around and pulling his new wagon :)

1 comment:

  1. yay! How exciting. I'm sorry there's been so much complications. I hope Jordan can help you guys out and you will not have to pay extra.(I'm guessing Jordan is Andy's best friend, lol I could be wrong)

    ReplyDelete