Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas shopping

I know I already posted a blog today, but I wanted to update with the weekend stuff before I forget.

Yesterday we went up to Southcenter. It was packed! I mean, it is usually difficult to find parking there, but Christmas makes it worse. We were the luckiest people ever and found a spot right between Cheesecake Factory and the mall- very close to both!  I went to Gilly Hicks (Abercrombie underwear store) as usual since everything is always on sale.  Not only that, but if you spent fifty dollars today, you got a $25 gift card...and since stuff was already half off, it was a wayyy good deal.  I got a sweatshirt and cardigan.  Best. Sweatshirts. Ever. Super soft with the quality of Abercrombie. I got Sawyer some clothes at children's place because they were on sale and I LOVE little boys in sweatshirts that don't zip. We gave him one sweatshirt now and the other will be for Christmas.

Afterwards we met the Berners at Cheesecake Factory.  The wait was like 35 minutes and Sawyer was being a super brat.  THANK GOD FOR SMART PHONES.  We put on Elmo's World from Youtube and he calmed right down.  What a life saver.  We all ate too much food...but GOOD food.  Andy had a macaroni and cheese burger, and I think I will get that next time.  It was goood! So weird having noodles on your burger!



Today we went back up to Southcenter. Yup, you read that right.  We wanted to go to REI to try on our Christmas presents, and I didn't want to go to Tacoma.  We decided to get Vibram Fivefingers for each other for Christmas since we both want to start natural running.  It is way better for your joints since it is what your body was built for, and after practice, people are usually able to run longer distances with them than normal shoes.  We went to REI to try on the sizes we will need and will order them online next week in the colors we want.  I think I will go with these pink ones.
Sawyer was really naughty in the store.  He is on a roll lately.  He was a monster at the Goodwill the other day and I ended up leaving 2 presents I was going to get him because of it!  I think it has to do with him not wanting to nap anymore.  Anyway, we found our sizes and felt bad leaving and not buying things after they had to listen to the little guy the whole time. Again, we had to use Elmo on Youtube to calm him down.

We gave him a snack in the car in case that was why he was whiny.  We realized our mistake at a stoplight:
That's blueberry all over his face from his nutri grain bar.

We decided to treat ourselves to our favorite restaurant, Red Robin.  It was funny because the day before we were talking about how we haven't been to a "real" restaurant forever and then we go to 2 in one weekend.  Andy and I love everything, so we always have them cut each burger in half so we both get 2 flavors.



Apart from our little Mons-ter it was a pretty good day.  I can't wait to order our shoes!  We went to Target afterwards and got Sawyer his last Christmas present.

1 comment:

  1. webbed running shoes are crazy! you'll def. have to do a review on them. we're coming up next spring i think...

    ReplyDelete