Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beany Boy

I feel like I haven't updated on Sawyer enough on here, and it is kind of how I keep track of his accomplishments since the thrill of the baby book disappeared after like 3 months haha :)

He has a cold right now which is sad. Normally I drop him off at daycare and he says "bye bye." Today he started crying when I told him bye.  It was pretty sad.

He is getting to be more of a person every day.  He tells us what he wants a lot now, like when he sees the Ritz he will walk to the counter and say "cracker" when he's hungry or walk to the fridge and say "milk."  For a little over a month now he will walk up to you if you are eating anything (or drinking) and go "biiiiiiiiiiiiiite?" and open his mouth. It is the cutest thing, I need to get a video.  He also insists on throwing his diapers away and will squeal if you take it yourself.

He says a lot of words, and will repeat anything we ask him to pretty well at this point. I was trying to teach him the difference between "bow" and "ball" today but he kind of says them the same.  Often he will say "ni-ni" if he is tired, or "poopoo" if he has a dirty diaper (but not enough to potty train.)  He will actually sit through most of a Sesame Street now and knows "Melmo" "Cookie" "Ernie" and "buhbuh" (bigbird).  It is funny because every now and then he will throw out a random word when he sees it that we don't expect like "moon".

I think he is getting more teeth but slowly.  It is hard to see how many he has in there!

He can walk and run funny and can do little jumps.  He likes to stand on top of things he finds (like boxes or books and what not) and run off them.

He likes to grab your shirt and pull you places with no destination which can be a bit annoying because it stretches your clothes.

He does pretty well with basic instructions like "come here" "sit/lay down" "put that there" etc.

He says "please" like daffy duck and that is usually how he lets you know he wants something.  If you hand him something or he hands you something he goes "gank ooo".

He sleeps well.  He goes to bed a little before us and wakes up when we do.  He had a rough night the second night in the new house and cried really hard at 2am.  We took him into our room and he fell asleep the moment we set him down.  We think he was scared of the lights outside (his old room faced a forest).  It was pretty cute though because I woke up and opened my eyes in the dark at like 7am that morning to him just laying there staring and blinking at me with his big fuzzy head.  It was kind of creepy but the cutest thing.

I am trying to think of any other mannerisms of his, but I think I got most of them for now.  We are really starting to enjoy him more and more every day!


Here are his Santa pics for the year.


Here is him being a stud.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these updates! Sawyer is turning into a darling little boy! My favorite Danta picture is the one with Sawyer in the chair and his elbow propped up on the bear and it is as if he is saying, "Ha ha Danta, I am in your chair, and I like it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one too! We didn't pose him like that either, we just set him up there and got that gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!!! Everett has those exact same jammies!!! (But Everett only says 1/100th of what Beans says, lol!)

    ReplyDelete