Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wish I could wear that now

A girl came into my work today.  She was probably about 15 and was wearing a warm up jacket for cheerleading.  I had one that was exactly the same except green instead of purple (I'm not sure what hers was for but it wasn't PHS).  I was thinking about how awesome those jackets were.  I'm not sure what they were made out of, but as soon as we put those on it was warm again whether it was 17 degrees out or raining.  Then i thought about letterman jackets.  I remember when i was at UNLV and some kid wore his for awhile and everyone would make fun of him.  It is kind of lame to wear those things after high school.  I wish it wasnt.  Andrew and i both have ours sitting in a box.  They cost $400+ and for what? To wear them once or twice a month in the cold times?  I guess there were those weirdos that literally wore them every single day, usually getting theirs for something like band or orchestra (nothing against clubs, i lettered 2 years in DECA in addition to cheer and gymnastics, i'm all for offering letters to the non-athletic folks, it was just normally those kids that wore them daily) but if you narrow it down, that is an expensive buy if you divide the price by how many times you wore it.  Have you put one of those on?  Paired with a sweatshirt, i think it would be impossible for any wind or cold to get inside.  A homeless man could live in a large one and never need to build a fire. I guess my main point here is a complaint that once you leave high school, you pretty much can only wear "high school" things when you are exercising (unfortunately i wore my jaguar athletics and fastpitch t-shirts down to holes so i no longer get to :( ) or if you are camping.  Maybe someday we will have a high school party when you wear what was cool when you went to school and we can use them again.  I feel like it is too soon for that though (maybe not Andrew lol he can throw on some overalls or something hahaha) zing!

I dont have any pictures of the mentioned clothes, so i will put the only picture from HS i have saved to the computer here lol. Me and "Jake the Jaguar" which looks really funny when you take off his football jersey and PE shorts.  Oh man, I forgot about my PE uniform....i think it is in the garbage LOL.
Actually, this brings me to another meaning of my title.  I wish i could "wear" that now too- as in fit in it.  I was 5'6 and size 4 lol.

2 comments:

  1. lol lol lol

    good points about the letterman jacket. I still have mine and love it, but obviously i dont wear it anymore. my parents proabbly paid about $800 for it because i had a lot of awards from soccer. yah it was pricey, but it will be cool to show my kids one day. maybe i should bring it back and wear it around town lol jk jk

    i look at pictures of myself when i was thinner, and thing "aww, those were the days lol"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should def have a high school party!! And I never had overalls, thank you very much...and we're totes getting Beany and the rest of our kiddos letterman jackets when they're sophomores so that they can get good use out of them...not at the end of winter their senior year so it's not even cold enough to wear it but only a few times and it still pretty much looks brand new lol

    ReplyDelete