Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Photo Fun

My friend Alayna came over today to show me how to use my camera better.  I learned quite a bit, and she is bringing me lightroom which is an editing program.  It is so funny becasue i taught myself how to make good looking pictures and do borders and stuff with layers and stuff, and this program just does it by moving some sliders left or right.  I guess it is good to know "how" it happens though.  It will save time when i want to make good pictures though.  She let me try a few lenses on my camera since i just have the kit lens on and they are awesome.  They were the "L" series from Canon (you may recognize these from the pros you see- they have that red line on them).  They are so expensive (like $1500) but i want one so bad!  They take such sharp photos and like the one she had you can move the f stop down to like 1. something and i think mine just goes to 3.5.  She also had an awesome wide-angle one that got my whole room by sitting in the corner and takes really cool looking landscape and kid photos.  I also realized i will want to buy an external hard drive to store them on, probably a new computer (since my laptop broke- thanks Davey) and eventually a new camera that has more megapixels.  How expensive.

We went to my parents house later because it was my grandma's birthday and Dad made Jambalaya.

 Here are random pictures lol.  Note, these were not taken with my new found skills (and no edits) so dont expect to be impressed hahah.
I took a fall picture of our house

My foot. I just like this because i took it with alayna's lens...i think the focus was somewhere on the right side of my pants but i can't really tell. I used like the lowest f-stop on there.  I like the colors it captured though. My second to last toe is all bendy LOL

Grandpa tickling him



Andy playing 'stand up, sit down' Obviously the stand up time

Sit down

He can fly!

1 comment: