Monday, November 29, 2010

Attention seeker

Sawyer has been inhaling his baby food (not literally) but i've noticed something funny.  I cannot tell when he has a dirty diaper very often anymore.  It doesnt smell strong like it used to.  I feel bad because i dont know how long he was sitting in the mess before I notice it.

Sawyer has always slept all night since he was born.  He would always wake up to eat every few hours (until he was a couple months old) but he wouldnt just cry for no reason.  He would normally sleep fine until around 11 (and still does).  Last night though he cried whenever i sat him down in the crib.  He would fall asleep in my arms, but the second his body touched the hard mattress, he woke up wiggling around and started to whine.  It was 2:30am that he woke up and decided to pull that trick after i gave him a bottle. I was wondering how he could be hungry because we just fed him a 6oz bottle and a tub and a half of baby food plus a little rice cereal mixed in at like 11.  After a few quick attempts at the asleep one second, awake the next, i decided to have him sleep on my arm :(  I love him in there with us, but he gets all sweaty and i am afraid andy will roll on him so i have to have him sleep on my arm.  I hope that doesnt get to be a habit!  He has had a few bad nights (luckily only a few) but he has not pulled this trick until last night.  Looks like he is starting to need a lot more attention. Eek! Lucky me and Andy switch off nights to get him so we both get full nights every other day haha.

The good news is that he is starting to enjoy more things.  He was laughing when he woke up and i started to ballroom dance with him after work- it was so cute.  He is the smiliest baby, but he doesnt laugh much. It is good to see that he is more.  He also grips a little harder when we hold him so it feels like he is giving us hugs :)

I took his 5 month pictures, but i thought this one was cute.  He is going to outgrow that outfit (size 12-18 months at old navy) within a couple months!

2 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie! My bet is he is starting to teeth. They don't sleep as well when the teeth start moving down towards the gums... that or does he have a cold at all? His ears might have pressure built up. Zoe did that once and she was happy with me because her head was propped up on my arm, releasing the pressure in her ears. I hope he feels better soon! He is seriously adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha leave it to megan to know why he isn;t sleeping... i was gonna say, "sounds like he hates his crib lol" i am so not a mom yet..

    THAT is such a cute picture of sawyer.

    ReplyDelete