Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Your problem negatively affects me in the following ways...

Ok, I just had to use a line from "Intervention" :) BTW i was watching Intervention one time and i totally knew a girl on there. I was friends with the addict's sister when i lived in Las Vegas for a year- she was in my sorority. It was pretty funny. I was like "man that looks like Nikki" and then it shows the mom going "NICOLE!", then it showed that they were in Las Vegas. I called my "sister" in LV and she confirmed it.  I thought the girl i knew had some issues but apparently her sister was a bit worse off LOL. Ok ANYWAY....

I was thinking yesterday how someone's small actions can affect you so much, and how some people are just mean inside.  Yesterday i was in traffic and i came around the corner and my lane was blocked off. They say if a lane is blocked off and they have to merge, that cars should go to the end, then take turns to have the most efficient flow of traffic. I did just that (besides the fact that i couldnt merge earlier because i didnt know it was blocked off).  Well it was my turn to go between a car and a truck and i started to pull into the lane when there was a space.  I was halfway into the lane, and the truck behind me just kept going....not letting me in at all. She was exactly next to me!  I looked at her and gave her the "wtf?" look. She just raised her eyebrows as if to say "sorry sucker!"  This was a grown woman (probably at least 50), not a punk teenager.  What causes someone to be so mean? Would she get there any faster because she let ONE car in? No. All she accomplished is making me upset and angry the rest of the day because she ruined my morning.  The worst part was as soon as the blocked off part of the road ended, i pulled into the lane again and turned at the next light, passing her (she was stuck at a red light).  She ruined someones day just to be one car ahead for about 50 feet.  This also applies to people who don't push the door open for the person behind them, but just slip through the open door. You can brighten someone's day by doing such small things that don't inconvenience you at all, or you can make them upset. It just makes me sad that some people are wired to want to bring others down.  My last example is that when people would see we were expecting, they would say things like "enjoy your sleep now" or "you wont get to leave the house again so go out now while you can".  Is that really necessary to say? Cant you just say things like "congratulations, you must be so excited!"  And guess what? Babies can go pretty much anywhere except bars. So far we have gone out to eat MANY times, gone to soccer game, gone to a concert in Eastern WA, gone to 2 weddings, gone away for an overnight at the beach with just the 2 of us, gone to stores at least once a week, and all of andy's indoor games.... and i have got plenty of sleep thank you very much! I got less sleep when i was pregnant because my stomach was so big and i had to empty my squished bladder every hour.  People should do little things like smile at strangers more, let someone out while driving that is waiting (and courtesy wave in return), and hold the door open for the person behind you and i think everyone would just be a lot happier!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I'm sorry that lady ruined your day though, don't let people like that get to you, just make it a point to do something nice for someone else on behalf of her lol I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete