Thursday, September 2, 2010

What would they do without me?

Few random thoughts:

Today was inventory day at work.  It was totally messed up, just as i expected.  Also, the drawers where we keep all the accessories were nowhere near organized. Normally we keep everything of the same brand together ex: samsung drawer, iphone drawer, car chargers get their own, etc.  I found random car chargers everywhere.  Anyone who has ever done inventory knows how bad this sucks.  First you count everything with the gun, then you print out the variances and go back and look for those items that you might have mis-counted.  When they arent in the same spot, it is impossible to find!  I was there at 7am and had to leave at 1 to go get Sawyer when my mom left for work.  When i left, we still hadnt finished researching the variances, there was a huge stack of deliveries to check in, and i hadnt done my daily paperwork. Luckily my boss is awesome and said she had no problem finishing. Phew.  Now yesterday was a mess too with 35 missing phones (1 phone missing is a big deal) that i had to dig through a box that they shouldnt have been in and it took me an hour! We still had 2 we cant figure out.  Plus 55 sim cards missing or on accounts and not sold out which means i have to go in and sell each one out on the account of the owner which takes forever.  I decided next baby i am coming in an hour a day to prevent this stuff from happening and just taking the baby with me!  My position was fairly new (it started about 2 months after i got my job 2 years ago) and i have no idea how they ran a store without us.

Another random thing: A couple weeks ago i decided i was going to gauge my ears (not a ton, but maybe to like a size 2 or 0 which isnt big at all).  A couple days later was our anniversary and andy bought me earrings that were SUPER pretty.  Now i cant stretch them or the earrings wont fit.  Im not really one to think everything happens for a reason, but i think it does sometimes.  Maybe this was one of those times lol.  Maybe my ears would have stayed that big.  They say the "point of no return" is usually a size 2 or 0 but my skin tends to stay.  I wore giant troll earrings in like 2nd grade and once it ripped a little.  That ear could hold like 4 earrings at once forever (it is still a bit bigger than my other ear).  Also i took my bellybutton ring out when i was pregnant and as soon as i had him, it went right back in! Hmm maybe now that is why i still have a muffin top of skin from sawyer stretching out my skin lol.

Last thought of the day: I REALLY want to go to chopstix.  The only time i went was at my bachelorette party and we were all wanting to go again soon but i was pregnant like 2 months later and even if you arent drinking, i think it looks bad to be pregnant in a bar lol.  If you dont know what chopstix is, its a piano bar with 2 guys on the pianos that know pretty much every song ever invented (they'll play the Beatles, then Garth Brooks, then Lady Gaga...its awesome).  You get to request songs (if you put money with the requests they play them, otherwise you have to wait until it is late or maybe not at all) and everyone sings along and goes up and dances on the stage and stuff.  When it was my bachelorette party they had me go up and sit on the piano and they sang me a song.  It was really fun!  Its on 6th ave in tacoma where all the other bars/clubs are too.  We just need someone to watch Bean lol. They have family night on Sundays where you dont have to be 21, but it would not be much fun if it was the kid-friendly version lol. Thursday nights is no cover charge and $3 drinks for the ladies but who wants to go out late the night before a work day :-/  Anywho, if anyone wants to go please let me know!  I'm getting antsy lol.

Ok enough thoughts for today, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment