Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Erik and Destiny came over to ring in the new year.  I was sleepy and had to work at 8 the next morning so I didn't do much and went to bed right after midnight.  Here is our typical "picture in front of the tv space needle" tradition.  Perhaps we'll go to the real thing one of the next few years.  I had just got out of the shower lol.

Our neighborhood was blowing off a ton of fireworks.  We went outside to watch but Sawyer kept saying "I'm scared!" and would close his eyes and hold daddy. :/  We took him inside and put him to bed but he wandered back out after a few minutes because he was scared of the booms outside.  Andy had to hold his hand until he fell asleep.  He has done ok in his new bed the first night but last night he got out again at like 4 and Andy had to rock him until he said "daddy I go to bed now" and he went and crawled back in and slept til 9.  I guess it will take a little getting used to before we decide to put the front fence back on.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you the sweetness I feel when I think of my son tenderly holding Sawyer's hand and then rocking him for comfort until Sawyer felt safe enough to go to sleep. It gives me a sense of joy to see the Daddy that Andy has become :-)...again, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete