Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Audit 2013

My job at work is to make sure our store passes the yearly audit.  This includes things like reviewing discounts given to customers, credits, returns, and warranties, as well as keeping things like security and cash up to par.

Yesterday I was laying comfortably on the couch (my usual location while at home) and I get 3 calls from my managers.  Guess I'd better call back.  What was it?  None other than the audit was tomorrow and I needed to be at work by 6am.  I was completely shocked- it is only 15 days into the new year (you only have one a year) and last year's wasn't until June.  Once you get the call at 4pm the day before, you can't really do anything.  They have reports that show if you try to adjust inventory or the demo tracker, and they review the security cameras for any weird behavior.  I reminded them to have counterfeit pens at their registers and crossed my fingers that I had done everything else my job wanted me to up to now.

Bright and early (or shall I say DARK and early) I showed up and they began.  I didn't even have time to be nervous.  We had a few things wrong (which is to be expected- they said if you get 100% your sales are probably suffering) but it seemed to be going pretty well.  They check everything from samples from the last 3 months and basically do everything I did for the sample days and made sure I was reviewing accurately.  They also do things like count our entire inventory, and check the emergency exit and make sure we hold safety meetings.  We finished around noon and got our score- 94.2%!!!  Last year (after my vacation) we only had 86% which is "yellow" and this year was "green"!  I am so excited!  I was a little nervous because we just got a new manager a couple weeks ago.  They changed the point structure this year so I was nervous to see how that affected the overall score (they took out some of the easy point questions).  The store down the street got audited today too which was weird, but they got less than us (90%) so I kind of hope that my score is above average :D

It feels good to be validated, and I got some congratulations emails from other people in my job as well as my boss's boss which was nice.  It also made my job more secure (one person in my area got a really bad score a few years ago and ended up fired :/) Whew!  I am actually kind of glad it was this early in the year so I didn't have to be nervous all year, or give Natalie a stroke having it happen while I'm on maternity leave while she's doing my job.

I don't have a picture because audits are super boring, so here is a video of Sawyer jumping on a bed and shaking his bum for the grandparents.

1 comment:

  1. This little jumping video made my day! Thanks for sharing :-) I'm glad your audit went great today and that it is OVER for another year!

    ReplyDelete