Sunday, June 24, 2012

Whats a sal-ad?

We made a really good meal today and I am pretty sure it is healthy (ish)!  (Yes, I actually helped cook something hehe) It was delicious.


I don't think the picture did it justice, but this taco salad was huge.  This is a full sized plate, and it was pretty high up.  It had...

-All sorts of leafy greens fresh from the farm (and some purplish ones).  No clue what they were, but I know some of them were spinach. It was a huge pile

-A drizzle of ranch I made (this was not healthy because it had a bunch of mayo in it but I didn't use much) It was good though, It is a cup of mayo, a tbsp of hidden valley ranch powder mix, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/8 tsp paprika, and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Mix with a whisk and let it sit for a long time in the fridge (at least an hour)

-beef

-Pinto beans

-Pico de gallo that Andy made (I surprised him and picked up the ingredients at Tacoma boys, plus used our farm cilantro)  which just included tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper, and cilantro

-Cheese

-A couple tortilla chips crumbled


Also on the health topic today:

-Andy ran 4 miles this morning.

-He got cool new running shoes today, then we ran about a mile together

-I got a diaphragm cramp and made us stop early.  I looked it up, I think the fact that I am not a runner, just ate, and just drank a ton of coke caused it....oops hehe


On a not health topic:

-Andy got some new shirts (on sale), I got a couple new shirts (on clearance), and Sawyer got some flip flops (adorbs)

-I tried a new (to me) candy bar today, toblerone.  It is kind of fun.  I only ate 2 pieces so far though.

-Pride was today but the weather was supposed to be sketchy and we didn't want to deal with parking so we didn't go :(  I am kind of sad, but Andy just wanted a relax day for once, and we have to go to Seattle tomorrow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment