Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Crazy People

Today we went to the doctor because I still have a cough (after a month) and wanted to make sure it was no big deal since whooping cough is an epidemic in WA right now and I didn't want to go around killing infants.  He basically said that my cough is just lingering and it happens to a lot of people (I had the flu a few weeks ago and a stuffy nose a few days ago so that just makes them last.  I am one of the people that happens to I guess because I remember having a cough in high school for like 3 months.  Hmm maybe it was this time of year because I remember it being when the new cheer season started...ok anyway lol...I haven't been able to sleep.  I had bad coughing fits on our vacation and they are coming back to the point that I barely slept so he gave me a prescription for a strong cough syrup with codeine so I can sleep, and an anti-inflammatory one for my lungs to try to cure it.  That meant off to Walgreens.

The sign on the door at Walgreens said prescriptions filled in 15 minutes or less. The guy told me a half hour.  It was 40 minutes, wandering around with a 2 year old. UGH.  Sawyer was running around yelling about stuff as usual and some crazy lady took a Lightning McQueen toy off the shelf and handed it to him!  Who does that to a 2 year old?  He would not let it go, and he already has 4 of that exact same car between here and grandma's house.  We were so annoyed.  I finally got him to get rid of it by replacing it with wall stickers I had already planned to buy for his birthday anyway and luckily they had them there at a reasonable price. Crazy lady. :(

Oh, I almost forgot.  Our last prescription (tamiflu) was like $120 so I was super scared to see the price.  $9 for 2 prescriptions!  Heck yes!  I had lost faith for awhile haha.  I was talking to the lady about it and I guess a lot of people's insurance doesn't cover tamiflu at all...mine covered $20 (big woop).  I thought my insurance was a total failure though hehe.

Something else crazy, we stopped at Taco Bell yesterday and Sawyer ate 3 tacos on his own!  We were just happy he was eating a lot because he doesn't eat much anymore with us lol.  I couldn't believe it though, we had to go back and buy more.

Here is a picture just because I always have one.  Sawyer woke up screaming today from his nap but fell back asleep on me when I brought him down.  (I was off early today, that is how I was home during nap time).  It is so sad that he has bad dreams :(

No comments:

Post a Comment