Friday, June 8, 2012

Talk of the store

Today we went to Target to meet Tawni to give her the pictures I did last weekend and decided to walk around and maybe find some ideas for Sawyer's birthday (which is next Saturday at 3 at our house- everyone's invited and you may have a fb invite already because we didn't send out real ones).  We went to the party aisle, but I'm not really a fan of buying all the character items in the aisle and calling it good so we didn't get anything except some Cars napkins that Sawyer was freaking out about.

This is what shopping with a 2 year old goes like:

-Holding him, wiggle wiggle
-"Want to ride in the cart?" "Yes"
-Try to put him in the front of the cart. He screams and kicks and says "front" while reaching to sit in the front of the cart.  "No, that's dangerous" I'm not even sure where he saw a kid riding there to get the idea cause the last one I saw up there fell out and hit his head hard...
-Screams because we won't let him ride in the front so no cart at all.
-"Want mommy?" "Yes." I take him.  "Will you be a good boy?" "Yes"
-Show up in party aisle "CARS CARS MINE MINE MINE MINE"
-I put him down
-He grabs the napkins and runs. and runs. and runs.
-Stops every time he sees a person to show off his napkins
-Every single person comments on his cookie monster slippers
-I get super embarrassed because Cookie's eyeballs are coming out of one slipper so I am the ghetto one
-He runs some more through the clothes yelling "clothes clothes clothes"
-People comment on how "cute" he is, but they look annoyed
-Steer him to the check out counter eventually by pushing his head in the direction I want him to run
-He cuts in front of the lady getting her items rung up, and puts his napkins on the scanner
-Andy makes awkward joke about "I guess you're paying for them" to the lady in front while I shuffle him back
-I pay while Sawyer took off running and ends up with a Target sticker

I swear shopping is a work-out :/

Afterwards we went to the food court but Del Taco is closed :(  Sawyer saw the toys so had to go climb in all the cars as usual.  I went against the age requirement and threw a few quarters in.  He was having fun but I realized why they have an age requirement of 3: Sawyer got up halfway through and tried to walk out of the bus while it wiggled haha oops.
Playing around

After the quarters went in
Then we decided we deserved a treat so went to my favorite restaurant Karma Indian Cuisine and got some chicken tikka masala, vegetable korma, and naan.  Sawyer was not in the mood and just ate a bunch of naan.  I think Andy scared him away from the vegetables that he likes because he gave him a piece of chicken from the other dish that was a bit more spicy.

Time for bed, tomorrow is our first 7's tournament at Evergreen State college (HIPPIES!) for the Olympia team and I have a cold again.

No comments:

Post a Comment