Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Potty Pooper

I am so proud.

I mentioned we didn't really have time to try potty training Sawyer since we are always on the go.  I was a little disappointed because a lot of people I talked to had it done by the time the child was 2 (me included lol) and Sawyer was showing promise a few months ago wanting to sit on it naked forever, but he didn't really make the connection.

(This may be TMI so be cautioned)

Today Sawyer ran over to me and said MOMMY POOP POOP POOP! So I said, "Do you want to sit on the potty?"  "Potty. Yes."  So I took his pants and diaper off and he sat there for like 5 minutes before "All done!"  I looked and nothing was there, but it smelled pretty bad lol.  About 10 minutes later he ran to me and said "Poop poop potty!" so we did the same thing.  I noticed he had a little on his bum but nothing in the potty.  I asked if he wanted to wear a diaper or underwear after that and he said underwear.  We put it on and 10 minutes later again, "mommy poop poop potty!" he grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the potty and helped me pull off his undies.  He sat for a couple minutes then stood up "ALL DONE!"

 I looked in, and he had pooped in the potty!  I was so excited and was hugging him and pulled out the bucket part and said "we have to flush it." He grabbed it from me, ran over to the toilet, dumped it in, flushed, and said "bye bye".  It was SO cute.  I am so proud of the little guy.  I know he has a long ways to go, but I am glad he is starting to make the connection.


1 comment: