Thursday, June 28, 2012

Road Runner

I don't think I need to say again how much I dislike running.  But I will.

 I would give anything to be one of those people that find it therapeutic and comes easy.  Like I have said before, it is just not in the stars.  I have always been one of the fastest sprinters growing up compared to most (well, not the track team lol), my big buns muscles and thighs help with that, but that is only for short sprints.  Anything longer than that, the excess muscle just becomes weight that pulls me down.  Plus my torso is abnormally long...those singlet swimsuits rarely fit me...which is just excess weight that doesn't help in the running process.


Andy, on the other hand, is a fabulous runner.  He will be the first to admit that he isn't in the best shape of his life right now, but he has been running 4-5 miles each day the past week.  If someone told me to run 5 miles when I wasn't in top shape, I'd just assume it was a joke.  Heck, even now I would laugh at you and I have been chubbier.  When he was a bit skinnier though, he ran a half marathon last minute with no training, in classic k-swiss (not running shoes) in a respectable 1:47.  I don't even think I could walk that far hahaha!  


Thank God, I think Sawyer got Andy's structure.  He takes off running up our street any chance he gets.  He will go several times too.  I don't even run up our hill, I start our jogs at the top.  A couple days ago he took off running around our neighborhood.  He ran .43 miles straight (I checked runningmap.com) with his tiny little legs.  His entire leg length is less than a foot.  I'm a bit impressed actually.

Lately I have joined Andy on a few jogs.  I was watching the International Hooters Swimsuit competition on tv the other day (don't judge me, a friend from high school was in it) and I want a butt like that lol.  It was good motivation.  He got new running shoes the other day, and I decided I needed some too since mine were heavy and old and dirty, and I want to get some that aren't white so they'll last longer.  I went today and got some.  Well, we ended up with the SAME SHOES! His are just orange where mine are pink.


They aren't the cutest ones there, but they are so soft and feel like clouds.  I am so thrilled.  Even though Andy fell asleep and could barely keep his eyes open, and I had some pretty gnarly cramps going on that was keeping me on the couch (sorry tmi) we went to try them out tonight.  I am proud to say we ran 2.5 miles!  The farthest I've gone yet around here!  We have a little route around our neighborhood, and if you make loops, you can go pretty far with the jogging stroller since there are sidewalks out to meridian. Unfortunately there aren't sidewalks to the library, so Andy goes that way only when he is on his own.

I am accepting that I will never be a "good" runner.  I'm not making some crazy goal to run 15 miles or anything, but I am going to keep working on it and maybe it will come a little easier to me some day, and I can have a Hooter girl butt!  Andy, on the other hand, has signed up for a half marathon this September and has a solid goal.  You can bet I'll be there too...at the finish line cheering him on!

1 comment:

  1. Hooter butt... haha :) You won't get Hooter boobs from running lol! (not that you're trying, I just thought it was funny!)

    ReplyDelete