Sunday, June 17, 2012

Turning 2 Cars Party

Yesterday was Sawyer's 2nd birthday party!  

We don't really have a lot of extra time, but I didn't want to miss his birthday.  We started getting stuff Wednesday, I had practice Thursday, so we only  had time to set things up Friday and Saturday before the party.  We were up super late on Friday trying to decorate things and clean up the house.

Saturday morning was nuts. First thing, Andy runs to the store but forgets balloons.  I took off after my shower and it was hot and muggy.  I parked between Party City and Target because our box of strawberry cake mix we thought we had in the pantry had vanished and we had only bought one more on Wednesday.  I carried a wiggly Sawyer to Target and just let him run the store in socks because I was sweating already.  Then we had to hit up Party City on.....graduation day.  I didn't know it was and we were stuck in a huge line.  We get to the front and they said they couldn't blow any more balloons up for at least another 3 hours because of how many orders they already took.  I just bought them flat and decided to fill them up at my work.  Thank God my work is in the same parking lot and we have a helium tank!  We were not so lucky that I was super sweaty and I didn't bring Sawyer any shoes.  A quick trip took well over an hour :(

We got home, baked, and made all our snacks, as well as finished decorating right on time as people showed up.  Andy cleared out the garage so that our funny old couch was like a second living room in there where the grill was.  I guess the good thing about graduation weekend is that not everyone could show up.  Though we wanted to see everyone we invited, we could never have fit that many people in our house!  Sawyer had so much fun with his friends and family, and everything turned out so good.  I'm glad we could pull everything together in just a few hours!  We planned it perfectly so that Sawyer would just wake up from his nap.  He and Renner jumped around so much that I swore he was going to need a second nap, but nope, the 3 cupcakes and various other sweets must have done the job because he didn't fall asleep until like 10 as usual.

Since all Sawyer lives and breathes is Disney's Cars, naturally we had to have his birthday themed as such.  We had the movies playing and made themed food.

The sodas were Rust-eze like Lightning McQueen's sponsor

"Fillmore's oranic fuel"

I didn't want to attempt a cake, so we made cupcakes




yum. I need to make these again

Stoplight scotcheroos

I stacked the donuts like tires for Luigi's Casa Della Tires

There's a "Flo's V8 Cafe" sign below the balloons.  Also the juice boxes had cars characters on them

Ramone's house of body art....stickers that Sawyer loved to put on his cheeks

There were random cars on the walls throughout the house








Renner and my dad became good buddies yesterday

Andy manning the grill


They looked like brothers, it was so cute

Renner, Carter, and Sawyer

Singing "happy birthday"

He figured out how to blow it out. I forgot to teach him before hand



He finally got to ride his power wheel and he LOVED it!





I think he had like 2 1/2 of these scotcheroos , OY!



2 comments:

  1. Cutest birthday party ever! So many clever things to celebrate Sawyer's birthday! You did a GREAT job!!

    My dental check-up was on Ben's birthday, and I used the strawberry cake mix to make birthday cupcakes for him when I went for my dental checkup! :-/ So sorry to use it and not replace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL we were so confused, I swore I had a box in there!

    ReplyDelete