Friday, June 1, 2012

Headed home

Wednesday we had to turn the rental car in by noon to save $100, so we didn't have much time to spend another day in Boston.

We headed to the Samuel Adams brewery for a tour.  I wasn't that excited lol.  It was actually kind of cool.  Growing up in Puyallup, you learn what hops are at a very young age (what our town was "born" growing) and we got to see some and rub them in our hands to smell them like experts.  We also got to taste different grains.  We got to see the brewing process, then go to the taste room.  The tour leaders pretty much just get to drink beer all day.  I wasn't that excited about that part because beer is gross so I would take one sip and hand the rest of the glass to my dad.  We got to keep the cool glasses though! The rest of the tour was interesting though!  They actually get their grains from the PNW (but not the hops).






Then we went to the airport :(  We had some time to waste so we ate lunch, then headed on the plane for our 2-3 hr flight to Chicago.  We had about an hour before we had to board again so we got some pizza (I definitely prefer NY pizza to Chicago) and headed home.


 
We chased the sun the whole way until it finally set at the end.


We got in at 11:30 to a couple of bad voicemails. Andy got a call that he had to go to Portland the next morning for testing for his job.  I got a call that our audit was tomorrow.  My sole job is to make sure my store passes the audit (it is once a year and a surprise) and I hadn't been there in a week.  The last person in my job that got a bad score was fired.  I was super stressed out so it was not a good night.

To update, we had out audit and we didn't fail.  We didn't exactly pass though, it was below average but still in the "acceptable" range so my job is safe at least.  We got lucky on a few things but very unlucky on others that could have been fixed had I not been on vacation for a week.  It is just awful how my whole reputation will be pretty crappy for the next year for the entire west region of the US (over to CO) because they called the audit when I was on vacation. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment