Sunday, October 2, 2011

October?

Wow. Is time flying or what? I can't believe it is October already!  I feel like the weather changed overnight, too.

We had a pretty good weekend.  On Friday, Andy made homemade famous bowls (like KFC style, but they don't make the good ones anymore).  They were delicious!


There's the chicken frying


On Saturday we picked up Erik and went to Seatac for my rugby game.  Well, we watched like 3 men's games first.  We were having a "round robin" with Western Washington University and Chuckanut (from Bellingham too) where we each played each other for 30-minute halves.  We forgot Sawyer's diaper bag so my mom and dad had to stop and get diapers on their way, and Beany had no shoes. :-/  It was pretty cold too, but luckily Sawyer's clothes and hat weren't in the bag.  I scored a try in the first game (my first in regular 15's), and I had a couple tackles in the second game that prevented them from scoring.  My favorite was a girl had a break away and i sped over across the field and caught up with her right at the try line, flew at her, and pulled her down and kind of threw her sideways so she lost the ball.  One of our girls picked it up and we ran all the way down the field and scored!  If I hadn't had made her knock the ball out she probably could have posted it in the zone and scored. (Awesome.)  We won both of the games which is awesome because we played Chuckanut a couple weeks ago and they dominated us.  My dad said "I think I like watching you tackle people more than when you have the ball!  I see you run all over and tackle them, and I'm like 'That's my girl!"  I thought that was hilarious.
We finally got sawyer to sleep during my game

Afterwards we went to Aunt Irene's for dinner.  It was so funny making Sawyer say "Bob" (my uncle) because it is the one thing he can say right. I think he got really proud that he could say it right.  We tried to get him to say Destiny and he was like Dethhthth.  Maybe when he's older.

Today we took a walk in the rain.  Well, it wasn't raining all day until we went to the park.  We took an umbrella, and it was nice having the trail so empty.  Plus, the wet forest smelled nice.

This picture cracks me up.  So typical.  Sawyer wanted to run around and I wanted to take a picture (sorry it's dark)


P.S. The whole "fine, we are leaving you here behind alone if you don't want to walk this way" thing doesn't work on a one-year-old.  They don't care. Sawyer took off and didn't want to come back!






Here is another picture I wanted to show. Sawyer got in my drawer and came up to me while I was changing my clothes wearing this. He makes a pretty little girl, eh? HAHA! :)



2 comments:

  1. hahaha did andy freak when you put the bow on or laugh? Nate would have freaked, I would have thought it was the cutest thing ever! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the thing- i didnt put it on! lol He did it all on his own! He found it in the drawer and put it on his head- i just took the picture. He actually did it again this morning...Andy was like "oh boy..."

    ReplyDelete