Monday, October 31, 2011

H-A-double-L-O-W-double-E-N

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

It is my favorite holiday today!  We didn't get to put up all our tons of decorations due to the uncertainty with the new house, but we had fun.

The festivities started by getting to hand out candy at work.  They had trick-or-treat at Sunrise Village from 4-6 and I got to be the candy girl from 4-5.  There were so many little cuties walking around, I LOVED it!

I got home and snapped some pics of Sawyer in the yard in his 2 costumes while it was still light out.







We headed across meridian to my parents' house to spend the evening with my dad.  First thing I did was carve the little ghost pumpkin.  Sawyer tried to help by eating it.




My dad made us thanksgiving (yep, cooked a turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing) so we ate that.


After dinner, my dad and I took Sawyer trick-or-treating to some of the neighbors I grew up knowing.  He made me hold him at most of them because he would knock on the door then run away.  We didn't have a candy bucket so I made one out of a milk jug really quick haha!  It was fun though, and he got a little bit of loot....not that he needed more- he already had 2 reese's cups, some m&ms and a crunch. He was so good and held his bucket the whole time.

It was a fun night, we handed out more candy, and my old next-door neighbor came by and we are pretty good friends still (even though she moved when she was 5 and I was 8 we have kept in touch) but I haven't seen her in over a year!  I already can't wait for next year in our new house.  Sawyer will be older, there will be more neighborhood kids, and we can get our decorations out!

2 comments: