Sunday, October 30, 2011

Productive

While we didn't pack as much as I'd wanted this weekend (pretty much just got through my clothes- like 10 hefty bags of them haha) we had a pretty productive Saturday.

First, Andy went to get the oil changed at Bucky's in the morning.  We went there because walmart screwed the cap on too tight last time and couldn't get it off this time.  We remembered we liked Bucky's better anyway because when another place said we need a whole new muffler system, they told us it was just one cheap piece and it has worked!  Anyway, it was going to be a long wait so I had to get Beans and get him.

We decided to eat at Pita Pit since we hadn't been there forever.  They were nice and gave Beans some vegetables on the side!  I love Pita Pit and normally get the "chicken caesar"  which is just bacon and chicken and you can fill them up with whatever you want (lettuce, mushrooms, ranch, cheese for me).
Some pineapple, olives, and mushrooms for Sawyer


Andy decided to get the truck done too (change the oil and fix the belts) so he dropped me off at JCPenny's and went to swap the car for the truck.  I went in to get undies (lol) but really wanted a plain gray shirt like my purple one.  I got to the shirts and they were clearance for $3.50!!! I got my purple one on sale for $5 so I expected more than that!  I got a yellow one too since they were so cheap.  The only problem is they only had small and x-small so it is a size smaller than I wanted but luckily they are stretchy.  My undies were on sale too b1g1 50% off. What luck.  I paid for my stuff and the girl printed out an extra $10!  She said I could use it right then and if I got anything for $10 it would be free- no catch.  I found a really cute shirt in the clearance section originally $40....and I got it for $2! This was a very successful trip

Andy ran (yes, ran) down to Bucky's later and brought the truck home.  I forgot to mention that when I was at JCP I saw a little girl in a cupcake outfit from Old Navy and I decided to run across the mall to check if they had more $5 costumes.  I had really wanted Sawyer to be a hamburger, but they only had the monkeys (still cute) at the Tac Mall store.  I went to the spot and there were all monkeys....and ONE hamburger!  What luck!  I wanted another costume for that night because we had a Halloween party to attend and they had the one I wanted originally.  It was size 6-12 months but it totally fit him.  We went to the party and he was a HIT!

I'm glad we got him 2 because he got spaghetti sauce on the hamburger and eventually dirt. There were a couple other kids at the party and he wanted to play outside with them.  I'm glad he had the big puffy costume to keep him warm!  We had a lot of fun at the party at Leslie and Krissy's house.  Believe it or not, the main entertainment turned out to be....JENGA LOL.  It got pretty intense. Very fun though and a lot of my rugby team was there.
Krissy (and nephew), Nofo, Brandi, and Andy played cards one round....then it went back to jenga!
We probably aren't carving our pumpkins this year...we just haven't had much time :( I think we will go hang out with my dad tomorrow for halloween and take Sawyer to a couple houses for candy. Maybe we can get him to say "trick-or-treat".

Before I forget, I wanted to post something cute Sawyer has been doing (as usual).  He picks up one of his 5 phones (our old cell phones) and puts it to his ear and says "hello?" or "hi"  and then has a little conversation in babble before he goes "BYE!" and pushes the button to 'hang up'.  LOL it is so cute.

1 comment: