Monday, October 24, 2011

Sacramento for Rugby

We finally made it home and settled from our quick trip down to Sacramento.

We left Thursday night after my practice.  We wanted to go overnight so we'd have an extra day and so that Sawyer would sleep the whole way.  Andy drove most of the way, but I drove 4 of the 12 hours down for once.

We finally arrived in Sacramento at around 11am.  We went to take a nap while Sawyer played with Grandma and the dogs.  Jasper liked him ok, but Alice was terrified of him.


Sawyer would laugh so hard when Andy shot this at him
After the nap we had dinner and walked around in the sun.  It was 80 degrees there and it was nice to bust out our summer clothes again.

After dinner Andy's step sister Tami and family came over and we visited for a little bit while they dropped Sawyer's cousin Claudia off.  She had fun with Sawyer all night. They played puppets and her and grandma were teaching him tricks like lifting his legs up high and saying ready, set, go and running to the fridge, and jumping on the trampoline (which gave me heart attacks but he loved it).



The next morning was my rugby game.  It was against the "Amazons" which is an all-tongan team.  They were big. They were mean.  I got a concussion in the first 20 minutes and had to sit out most of the game.  They were throwing punches, choking, and diving off their feet into rucks.  They didn't need to cheat because they were stronger than us, but their attitude just made them look like jerks.  I ended up injured because the big girl running at me hit me in the head with he forearm as she ran at me (illegal) and it got hit a second time on the ground (also knocking the wind out of me). Their crowd was yelling things like "yeah! that's how we do it down here!" which was so infuriating because they were doing completely illegal things to a respectful team that was a first-year team that they didn't even need to act that way towards. UGH.  I hope we never have to play them again. We did, however, score on them, which i guess we are the first team the whole season to do that.  No wonder they were so mad at us.  They were tackling people that didn't even have the ball! (illegal again).




After showering, we went to a restaurant Sam knows the owner of, El Novillero.  We love the flour chips!  Sawyer was at a table next to a pretty girl baby and he was blowing kisses at her and waving, it was so cute.


After we went to Sammie and Rico's (another of Andy's step sisters) to meet their new baby Corbin.  He is only like 2 weeks old!  He was so tiny and cute.  I wanted one....but then he cried and I changed my mind.  He was fun to hold though :)


We woke up the next morning and I was DIZZY.  As in I couldn't even sit up without vertigo and using the bathroom was a task. Sawyer swept the floor. Somehow I made it to the car, and we all loaded up.  Andy's mom was coming back with us.  I felt better as the day went on, and Sawyer was an ANGEL in the car the whole way.  The only time he fussed we went to the next rest area (one mile away) and found he just had a dirty diaper.  He was just cute and making funny noises and faces the whole way.  It had us worried because we drove ALL DAY (11am to 11pm) but he wasn't difficult at all.


  The trip was pretty fun apart from the awful game.  I wish we could have stayed longer, but neither of us could really be away from work for long.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa favorite part of this blog... i wanted one but then he cried LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could have stayed longer too, but we had A LOT of fun while you were here. I loved being with Sawyer so much when I went back to Puyallup. It was hard for me to leave him! He is just delightful, and such a joy! Amy, you are a great mom! I smile whenever I think of...Ready, Set, GOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete