Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vicki and Maks get married

Today we attended the wedding of our good friends Victoria and Maksim!

We are so happy for them. We met them because Vicki worked at Pierce with us when she was doing running start. They have been dating about a year longer than Andy and I have even known each other (since Vicki was 16).  They have also been "good" this entire time...we witnessed their first kiss today (so cute.)  It was probably the most beautiful wedding that I've seen (obviously my favorite was my own but this was a different "style" than ours.)

They wrote their own vows, we got to listen to audio of the first time he said he loved her (recorder in pocket) and they even video taped his proposal.  She said she didn't want people around when he did it so he had it all planned, and while in the restaurant, he snapped, and everyone there froze completely still while he said his thing and proposed! Their good friends and family ran in afterwards- it was so cute.

The wedding and reception were nice, but there was some stuff in Russian that we didnt understand lol (their parents speak Russian.)  The food was Russian too though so that was exciting.  Sawyer did not enjoy the day though- no more babies at weddings lol.

A few bonuses: A russian complemented my outfit (and if you know any, you know they have style), the photographer complemented me on having a "good lens" (it seems like the general public thinks that longer lenses mean better but not always the case haha), and Andy's ex girlfriend was a bridesmaid but we didn't have to have any awkward interactions lol

 Anyway, we are so happy for the new Ghyvoronsky family!!!


Disclaimer: the lighting was so bad and I didn't want to use a flash so these were the best I could get!
The Bastyr University Chapel was amazing! Thats our friend Jessica as the MOH

There were candles lit all down the aisle and she had the prettiest  dress i've ever seen

First kiss caught!

Sawyer clapped so hard when he announced them-it was so cute

They are so happy!

We let these balloons go like throwing rice

reception

2 comments:

  1. #1... great weather for a wedding!!

    #2... first kiss at wedding? hahaha, I use to wonder if anyone waited that long! some of my friends in high school wanted to wait til they got married!! would have been way to hard for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome, I really wish we could've been there. I wanna see more pics!!

    ReplyDelete