Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The east coast conundrum

I have never been to the East Coast. Well, ok I HAVE been to the most technical east coast (the coast of eastern Florida), but not really "the east coast" as in New England and stuff.  My "big sister" Toni from when I lived in Las Vegas is getting married in New Jersey next May, and Andy and I decided we definitely want to make the trip.

The wedding, in East Hanover NJ, is about a half an hour from New York City, as well as within 5 hours from cities like Philedelphia, Boston, and Washington D.C. Andy has always wanted to go to D.C., and we both have wanted to visit the other cities together.  We decided we can make a trip out of her wedding and drive around to the cities in the area.

When I told Toni about it, she also invited us on their honeymoon (lol sounds funny) because they are taking a 7 day cruise out of NJ to Bermuda following the wedding.  Now I am completely stuck!  I think since we are already paying the airfare for her wedding, this might be the cheapest cruise we could take and might be way cheaper than driving a rental car around, paying for gas, food, and hotels along the way.  It is such a good opportunity to visit the East Coast though and she said it is something we should do if we had to choose. I don't know though. I guess we have to think about it a bit more.  We have almost a year after all.  I wish that we had the money to do both, but I don't want to think about how much it would cost to do all that.  Plus I don't want to leave Sawyer for that long because we probably don't want him on the cruise. Hmmm. I guess we will see.


-or-

3 comments:

  1. I would look into the cruise a litte bit more... like how many of the 7 days are just at sea, how many stops, and the cost/selection of the activities at the stops. (looking into the cruise first might elimate the option altogether so then your choice would be a lot easier!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah most of them I found going there were 3 days actually in Bermuda just at a main port and you can do your thing. It said you can taxi around. We are more sit-on-the-beach type people anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I volunteer to take care of the beanybaby!

    ReplyDelete