Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Today I called my parents to see if they wanted to do anything and they were on their way to hang out with Aunt Irene and Uncle Bob (as usual) and said we should come.  It was the best kind of weather today so we couldn't turn that down :)

My aunt and uncle (my mom's sister) live on Lake Tapps.  If you aren't from around here, it is a huge lake that is THE spot to be in the summer. The only issue is the entire lake's shore is houses (well, mostly mansions) so it gets pretty choppy during the middle of the day.  If you want to swim comfortably you have to boat to one of a bunch of coves scattered around the lake. If you want to waterski, you have to wake up EARLY.

We stopped at the ram on the way. Mmm-mmm. Sawyer threw his head back and stared at the row boat on the ceiling when he wasn't double-fist scarfing fries in his mouth. He has a problem lol. He doesn't even stop to chew.

When we got to my Aunt's house, my dad was just pulling up on the sea doo and asked if anyone wanted a ride.  In Washington, you now need a boater education card (like a boating driver's license) to drive a boat or sea doo.  Which, I will add, is an awesome law because some people that didnt grow up on a boat like me, drive like idiots on their sea doos because they don't know the rules of the water... and it is so dangerous! Anyway, my dad had to drive the sea doo and we had so much fun besides the near-sea sickness from all the waves in the lake!


We hung out at the house and ate BBQ and swam.  We tried to teach Sawyer to swim, but apparently he only likes his bath.  He screamed like there was no tomorrow! He didn't even like the floatie!  The water was warm for lake standards, but I guess it was probably cold for him.
Uncle Bob's Tiki Hut (outdoor bar)

Andy says this is the life

I thought this menu was funny

Smearing on the sunscreen!





Lilly and Uncle Bob
We ate some berries and desert and my dad took me out for another cruise when the sun was going down and the lake was smoother. My cousin Peter took Andy and I out on the boat right after and we went to look at some of the mansions.  Definitely a good day in the sun!

Sawyer in the little ball pit

He ate a lot of berries

He kept face-planting because his fingers would get stuck in the deck cracks. You can see me in the window too haha

No comments:

Post a Comment