Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Year Check-Up

Sawyer finally had his one year check-up.  Dr. Knowles was on vacation so apparently today was the day all her "regular" patients were pouring in.  He weighed 21 lbs and 10 oz which keeps him in the 30th percentile, and was 31 1/2 inches which keeps him in the 90th percentile for height (dr. says she isn't surprised lol). We both come from tall and kind of lanky families so he fits right in.  There was a lady shadowing our doctor and she was actually one of the nurses from labor and delivery and remembered me...which is funny because I was only in there for like an hour haha.  They were discussing how much Sawyer looks like a good mix of both of us.  She also said he probably has had that cough because his molars are coming in, and she made sure his lungs were clear.  We left after getting 5 shots (poor baby cried).

Waiting for his shots (he has no idea what is coming)


After the worst experience ever back at work on the phone with warranty department for an hour and 16 minutes for this poor boy, I headed over to my parents' house because dad needed me, Andy, and Erik to move their new, fireproof, impossible to break 500 lb. safe up the stairs.  It was so incredibly heavy that I have never been so nervous in my life.  If it slipped, it would completely crush any of us...and it was balancing the entire time.  It was very difficult, but we got it up the stairs slowly and strenuously on a handtruck (after Andy had to lift me over the top railing with his hands so I could help dad pull).  We played ping pong in the backyard and had bbq afterwards which was worth the effort.  Now nobody can break into that sucker! Their old safe was destroyed with a crow bar when the burglars broke in :(

This is after the scary turn in the stairs!

1 comment:

  1. I hate when they have to get shots :( Sawyer is less then a pound lighter then Grayson! Grayson is like in the 6 percentile LOL

    ReplyDelete