Monday, July 18, 2011

Sick bebe

Sawyer didn't eat much Saturday, and yesterday he threw up some blueberries when I fed them to him and a little bit of his hot dogs.  I thought it might be because the blueberries were frozen and he had too many, but this morning I woke up to the worst surprise ever!

I walked in to get Sawyer and he had thrown up everywhere.  All over the crib, the floor, and anything in that vicinity had his food from yesterday.  It smelled so bad in there that I had to run out.  I took a deep breath, ran in, opened his windows, and grabbed him...and ran straight to the bathtub.  He whined in the tub because his poor bum (he was sick in that region too) had the worst rash ever from all that acidy stuff.  I tried to call Andy a few times, and the doctor, and my mom while he tried to get out of the tub. It was the saddest thing I've seen.

I fed him a little pedialyte in a bottle and he threw up a ton more than he drank in halfway through.

We eventually got a call back from the doctor who said to bring him in.  After well over an hour in the waiting room, we finally were seen.  He had a 101 fever and was dehydrated.  We got another prescription for his bum (same as before- that yeast stuff) and she said we should take him to the ER to get an IV.  We really didn't want to have to take him so I asked if we could get him to keep some liquids down if we could try.  She said we could for a couple hours but if he doesn't take anything then we should go in.

Luckily, Sawyer pretty much drank a jug of Pedialyte so we didn't have to go in.  He also took a nap and sweated a little (he wasn't sweating earlier) and his fever went away with some medicine.  He just laid his head on me all day, but he was acting quite a bit more chipper later in the day.  We even took him outside to air his bum out since they said that was the best thing we could do (we couldn't let him wander the house without a diaper or our carpet would be destroyed considering the circumstances).  It improved quite a bit. I am staying home again tomorrow to make sure he is improving, so I hope he gets better. It is the saddest thing in the world when you can't fix a sick little baby :(

You can see his red bum from here in my crappy phone camera!

5 comments:

  1. yep, it sounds like he has his daddy's tendency for a diaper yeast infection. The sunshine does do wonders to help heal skin irritations etc. So glad he is feeling better, that his fever broke, and hopefully today will be a much better day! Rock and read to him for me k? wish I was closer to help tend him! love you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor SoyBeans!!!! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad! Hope he gets a good night sleep and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good thing about it Sharsti is that he actually slept extra :D haha!

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete