Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Most Tired I've Been

Let me point out that I have been waking up early all week. Anyway...

Yesterday we had our Tacoma Aroma 7's Rugby tournament.  We hosted a ton of teams from all over at our Portland Ave. Fields.  There were supposed to be 30 teams all together, but mostly men's teams. There were also boys and girls high school teams, and there were only 2 other women's teams to play against our team's two sides.

We got there at 7am to set up the different fields (there were three) and soon after, the place was packed.  Our first game was against the Seattle Breakers, which apparently are going to nationals.  We didn't score, but I think we did OK considering I was on the team of mostly noobs (like a year or less of rugby).  I did really well and got a lot of good tackles.  Once I tackled a girl who popped the ball to another girl on her way down, and I managed to get up fast enough to tackle that girl too :) I was proud of that game.  They were quick, and I had never been so exhausted and hot after that game.  My mouth was completely dry, which is hard to deal with when you are wearing a mouthguard.

We spent a lot of time sitting out in the sun (so draining) and Sawyer pushed his stroller all over the field (so cute).  Our second game was against some girls that were really tubby which makes it really hard to tackle.  I usually play on the outside and most of the action was in the middle so I really didn't do anything.  There were a few of times I was wide open with no defenders in front of me and they didn't pass the ball out so I was pretty much just angry after that game. It would have been nice to score.

My coach had it set up so that the people that go to practice all the time were one team, and the people that are really good but don't show up to practice were on another.  It made some of us so angry that there was basically a "ringer" team, while the rest of us were left out to dry, when WE are the ones putting time into the team.  When the final game came, she kept that team in, even though one person was limping, and another girl isnt that good, but she just doesnt come to practice.  We were so angry that the committed ones got one less game.  I was mad and Sawyer (who didn't sleep since 6am) was very sleepy and cranky so we left early.



Afterwards we went to Andy's dad for dinner because Jay and Chantel were in town.  Davey and Moraima were there too. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them, and the food was good as usual. :)  His dad made this really good raspberry lime drinks! Andy spent the time trying to get Jay and Chantel to move back to WA haha.  I was falling asleep the whole time because the sun and exercise and early wake up drained me!



I fell asleep the second I got in bed (no exaggeration.)  Sawyer didn't nap all day and slept over 12 hours last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment